how to sell used boat parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny1963

Lieutenant
right now i have a complete engine that has lots of excellent parts
dont know quite how to sell them ebay or what anyone .that can help with some info would be great thinking ebay just dont have enough info .
thank yall very much bennyb

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: how to sell used boat parts

I think eBay offers a tutorial on how to offer for sale, Benny. Check that out.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Either put it in the local pennysaver or on ebay......
I've never sold on ebay, but it cannot be too hard....;)

tashasdaddy

i buy and sell all the time on ebay. join ebay, set up paypal account. very simple. hopefully selling 2 PWC's and trailer today. Guy's coming to look at them, i already have a deposit.

tashasdaddy

sold the PWC's. you would be surprised what people buy. i put all my scrap and used parts on ebay, before i throw them out. i sell most of it.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Craigslist dot com. I have been toying with the idea of selling on Ebay also, but I don't know about there fees and how much it goes up when selling bigger items like that motor. I haven't gotten as far as reading the instructions on Ebay yet. I have bought a few items off of ebay in the past.

You also got to consider if you want to ship the motor or have local pick up only if you sell on ebay or craigslist for the matter. There are a couple of other sites out there to sell on monkeyads dot com is another one. Monkey ads is really a northern online sales website though, I rarely see southern states selling on there.

tashasdaddy

i've had great luck shipping motors, and large items with freightcenter.com, ask for Allison.

brother chris

Commander

Well, someone already mentioned craigslist.com, but I prefer craigslist.org.
I use that site all the time. Maybe wild manimal meant .org, not com...I'm not sure.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Well, someone already mentioned craigslist.com, but I prefer craigslist.org.
I use that site all the time. Maybe wild manimal meant .org, not com...I'm not sure.

Hmmmm..............My browser redirects from craigslist.com to craigslist.org after I type it on to the address bar.
I never really type the name into the browser I just click the drop menu or go to my favorites and there it be Craigslist. Been using it for a while, I guess I forgot which one it was .org or .com.

Anyways, yes I meant craigslist.org, sorry about that :redface:.

woodrat

Ensign

I buy and sell stuff on Craigslist and ebay both. Both have their good points and bad points.

And it is craigslist.org, not .com.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I buy and sell stuff on Craigslist and ebay both. Both have their good points and bad points.

And it is craigslist.org, not .com.

Geesh, can't I make one mistake? I thought I done cleared my mistake up...I don't know about Benny but I got it engraved and it is echoing in my head craigslist.org not craigslist.com :D:D

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO Spinner you're wrong for that :D:D. Alright I'll quit hijacking now lol.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

EDIT:
If you want that info Gary, PM Benny. The forums are not the place for that.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Selling on ebay is simple. They do have a tutorial at http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/newsellers.html?_trksid=m37 I cannot stress how important pictures are. If you don't have enough pictures, people will ask for them and it's a hassle once you've listed the item for sale, because the "clock is ticking" as far as when the auction ends at that point. Everytime I'm about to throw something away, I look at it, and if I think I can get $5 or more for it, I throw it on eBay. Better than throwing it away! Once nice option you can do is set a reserve price (the lowest you will sell it for). You'll still have a pay a fee for listing it on ebay, even if the reserve price isnt met, but a few bucks is better than giving something away. I find, people will buy ANYTHING on ebay - broken stuff and all. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.