Is fishing fun?

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Is fishing fun?

the thought just chrossed my mind; I have a fishing boat, maybe i should take it fishing.

I have never done it. It dosnt seem to exciting, more relaxing than anything.

Is Sex?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Another word of advice. You're getting lots, I know.

I fish, dive, snow ski.... you get the drift. Anything adrenaline, I'm into it! One of the things I have seen a lot and have been guilty of myself, is to use average equipment. For many years I used cheap fishing rods and reels, still enjoyed the fishing and didn't know any better. One day I had the opportunity to use a real good rod and reel, with good quality line on it. The difference was amazing! Now I only buy top quality equipment. I have a friend who plays golf and he says the same thing. He sees many people decide to take it up but are unsure if they'll like it. They buy cheap clubs, play poorly and give it up, without realising they played so poorly because of the gear.

So, beg, borrow or steal good gear, or you won't be doing yourself any favours.... and enjoy the fishing... we all know you will....:D

Chris........

HyperFox

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Heck even the river cat here have stingers on them. And apparently the stergeun do too.

As a young lad I hated fishing. I didnt have the patience and alway seemed to fish where the adults were who had experience. I wouldnt strike a bite when they would get hits left, right, and center. Very frustrating!

As time went on, I came back from overseas and elected I needed a cheap hobby. My previous hobby was modifying cars, which was expensive. And the wife wasnt impressed by the cashflow from it.

A friend of mine who was an experienced fisherman took me out some of his choice spots, and we hooked fish like crazy. I was hooked on fishing from that point on. And recently bought my first boat to get to the spots I wished I could, but couldn't because I didn't have one. And I think its a good thing for the family too. Thanks Josh for re-introducing me to the sport.

My advice to you is an echo to the others. Have a fisherman friend take you out for the first run and show you the ropes for the maximum enjoyment.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Told my wife about your post asking if fishing was fun. She said 'Of course'. When I told her that you had never done it and that's why you were asking she said 'Poor guy!' I guess that's your answer.

Chris (and Gina)..............

Lakester

Chief Petty Officer

hello,

u dont think bigB was... baiting us for an answer by chance... do you!?? :confused:

regards

lakester :cool:

Lakester

Chief Petty Officer

hello,

imo, going fishing is not always fun, :( but imo, catching a fish is ALWAYS fun!!! :D :D

regards
lakester :cool: