Had my prop fixed!! Am I allowed to tell where?

muskie hunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Several months ago I broke a 2" x 3" Piece off of one blade and severly cracked another blade. I posted up about this (you can do a search if you want to ) Anyway, the shop did a great job at a great price. You absolutly cannot tell where it was repaired. I wanted to let people know who fixed it so that others can take advantage of this service. The prop is a 17 1/4 x 25 pitch, and was fixed for $69.00 including shipping, sandblasting,painting and repair. I didnt want to ruffle any feathers on the board.
Am I allowed to tell everyone where I got it fixed?

Thanks Steve.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Had my prop fixed!! Am I allowed to tell where?

I think any problems would be associated with posting actual web addresses and diverting potential iboat product customers elsewhere.

I don't think they are into prop repairing yet. Besides, the first time you get it across the knuckles with a ruler. Grin (not really)

Seems your shop is better than James Propeller Service, in Carrollton,
TX whom I used to use. They fix the prop nicely, but do (did) a horrible paint job. Ist time out and half it is missing and you can see all the repairs.

Mark

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Non clickable links to commercial websites are allowed.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Several months ago I broke a 2" x 3" Piece off of one blade and severly cracked another blade. I posted up about this (you can do a search if you want to ) Anyway, the shop did a great job at a great price. You absolutly cannot tell where it was repaired. I wanted to let people know who fixed it so that others can take advantage of this service. The prop is a 17 1/4 x 25 pitch, and was fixed for $69.00 including shipping, sandblasting,painting and repair. I didnt want to ruffle any feathers on the board.
Am I allowed to tell everyone where I got it fixed?

Thanks Steve.

Was it aluminum or stainless? I can get an excellent job done on an aluminum for $45 and stainless is $85 at any marina in my area.
--
Stan

muskie hunter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The name of the place is Soderbloom. Do a google search on prop repair, and it will come up. Smaller props are fixed even cheaper!!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

thanks for the info. good prices.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer

Have you run this prop under full load to test the hub?
It it has a rubber composite type hub, it's possible that
some heater transfer might have weakened the hub.
If the hub is not rubber, ignore the question.

SFT2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wow, $40 to fix a 15.25" aluminum prop? I'll be sending them one this week that looks like it was used to edge the driveway. If it comes back in good shape I'll send the prop I have on there now that's "only" got a few dime sized dings in the leading edges. That'll be a prop and a spare back into servicable condition for less than the cost of a single new prop.