fuel pinch?

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: fuel pinch?

I was going to get an 18 foot closed bow aluminum starcraft deep V with a 70 pony outboard. I put the deal on hold and decided to stick with my 17 foot flat bottom duratech with a 50 horse johnnie. This decision was made because of today's and next year's gas prices.

gonefishie

Commander

Sorry, bad maths converting ? to $ on my part. It's currently the equivalent of $9.86 per gallon.

It works out that it costs me the equivalent of $425.44 to fill my car and boat with fuel.

Yeah but it also cost 10 bucks for your Whopper without cheese and that is just a Whopper, no combo. I do believe y'all get paid accordingly to the inflation. Your country is small so you don't have to drive as far so y'all don't have it any worst then we do. For those who saying we shouldn't complain because the prices are what they should be. We wouldn't be complaining if the wages are adjusted accordingly. Everything went up except for the pay check for the general population.

mattttt25

Commander

I don't feel it too much during the year, even though I average about 28K miles. It plain hurts in the summer when I fill my boat- close to $600 for both tanks.

mcconnell63

Seaman

I still say the oil companys are sticking it to us just like they did in 1974. They lied to us twice about oil and gas back then so who's to say they are not doing it now. :mad:

waterinthefuel

Commander

Nope, not a bit. In fact, I spend less now than before. A 50mpg scooter doesn't hurt either....

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah but it also cost 10 bucks for your Whopper without cheese and that is just a Whopper, no combo. I do believe y'all get paid accordingly to the inflation. Your country is small so you don't have to drive as far so y'all don't have it any worst then we do. For those who saying we shouldn't complain because the prices are what they should be. We wouldn't be complaining if the wages are adjusted accordingly. Everything went up except for the pay check for the general population.

If only that was true. We pay ? for $ what you do.

jbjennings

Captain

My little "slow-motion" '55 7.5 hp evinrude on my 12' aluminum boat is starting to look better and better------it is not very thirsty! It's a shame that this is actually a serious statement. :(:(:(
JBJ

rocky100

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It`a around $2.89 a gallon in Houston--just dont drive to the lake now---prob not til the end of Feb, anyway---then it starts all over.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Yes. One of the disadvantages of living where I do is that I have to drive 20 miles to get groceries.

I don't spend any more on gas than I used to, I just drive a lot less.

I'm the same boat, and retired says my income is fixed. Used to go to town every Tuesday, now its stretched to 10 days or more...(and the less I see on crowded towns lately, the better anyway).
My biggest complaint is the Ethenol fiasco. We don't have but a few places here that sell it on the West Coast..(good..don't want it in my boats or bikes), but it sure has whipped up the food bill. Double $ on milk, eggs, cheese, anything dairy, and most food.
And has done little, if NOTHING, to ease gas price or needs. Worlds a mess..

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Snowmobile - 8mpg
Truck - 17mpg
boat - 2mpg
lawnmower/snowblower/weedwacker - 10gpy
car - 26mpg

oil, lube, grease, powersteering fluid, brake fluid, autotransmission fluid.

Complaining about gas is like complaining about the weather. Gets you revved up and changes nothing.

Commodity.......