rakir 13 1/2 x 22

edthearcher

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the above mentioned prop on my 17 ft. javlin bass boat in s.s. is this a fast or slow prop Iam really new to this thank you. I do know with out my hydrofoil the boat wants to go over backwards, you cant get the bow down with out some one setting on the front casting platform.

rndn

Commander
Re: rakir 13 1/2 x 22

It's kind of difficult for people to answer this without knowing the RPM's at wide open throttle(WOT) and top speed. They also need to know what motor and horsepower as well as what you like to do with the boat, such as pulling water shiers, tubing, or just high speed runs to fishing grounds.

edthearcher

Petty Officer 2nd Class

my mistake, altho I dont know the rpms its a 140 HP evinrude and to your question I want as much speed as I can, at present I get about 48 useing my GPS, I was told a 25 inch pitch would be better. up here in wisconsin most boats are put away so I will be shopping on ebay if I get some good suggestions thanks ED

72SideWinderSS

Petty Officer 1st Class

my mistake, altho I dont know the rpms its a 140 HP evinrude and to your question I want as much speed as I can, at present I get about 48 useing my GPS, I was told a 25 inch pitch would be better. up here in wisconsin most boats are put away so I will be shopping on ebay if I get some good suggestions thanks ED

Really need to know the RPM's for anyone to help or give good advise.
If you need a tach and do not want to spend the money for a in dash style, look into "Tiny Tach"
"http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php"

If it were me, I would work the setup of the motor before purchasing another prop.

Just my $.02

jamieat

Seaman Apprentice

You must know your max RPM's before you are going to be able to determine anything you need to know about choosing a prop. You need to find out your manufacturers max RPM rating for your motor. Then, you need to know the RPM that you are turning your current prop at WOT. Then, and only then, will you be able to determine what you need to do about your prop situation. From experience, a jack plate works wonders and will allow you to fine tune your adjustments much more than with just standard power trim. You can call customer service for I-boats and they will formulate all of your data and determine which prop will be best for your particular boat and for the performance you are seeking.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

The Raker was a real good performing prop.I have run them on my I/O and outboard Johnson.
Knowing your max rpm will decide if you need to change pitch.

Get rid of the hydrofoil and get some Smart Tabs for less than what a new prop would cost.That will really help the bow rise problem and make it handle way better.I think a foil on a Bass Boat is not the way to go.The Smart Tabs may even give you a couple more mph.;)