neighbors cat scratchin up my car

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRJ

Commander
Re: neighbors cat scratchin up my car

No politics? But cat tricks? Now that is funny. Please carry on.

ob

Admiral

I don't know what's worse.Heated debates on politics that sometimes ended in name calling or some of the stray cat solutions I've read in this thread.I'll chew on it for a spell.:rolleyes:

Anyway WITF,truth or fiction,I don't believe I'd have said all that on a website that reaches around the world.Just my opinion.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

About a year ago I saw a news clip about an older lady running a cat shelter. People would bring their stray cats to her. One time a woman brought a cat to her to keep while on vacation. After the lady came back from vacation, she went to pick up her cat. Her cat was dead.

It turns out that the old lady running the so called shelter was actually putting the strays (or any cat brought to her) to sleep. Then she would burry them in her back yard. Her thoughts was that she was saving the tax payer money by doing the deed herself. As far as I know, she was never charged except for the death of the cat she was surposed to be sitting for the lady on vacation.

Torture of an animal for the thrill of it is not right.

Watching an animal having seizures and crying in pain not being able to control themselves is turely frightening. I'm not an activist on animals, but I do believe in population control of animals. (As long as it is done right)

BTW,,,there is no need for personal attacks here. One can identify how a person is by their posts and so does many others. It drives me nuts, but if someone wants to post without thinking, then that is their problem.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've personally killed cats in so many different ways. I've drowned them, I've shot them, when I was 10 I actually was practicing to be a pitcher in a little league team, and for a while I was good. One fastball right in the side and 2 days later the cat was dead on my driveway. ....

Why, you ask? Because every vehicle me or my family has ever owned has cat scratches on the hoods and trunks ....

You were bothered by you car getting scratched at 10 years old? Problem lies a little deeper I think.

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you want to get rid of a cat you should hurt the owner.

What you do is this.

Take a tube where a cat can easily crawl trough.
Than paint the inside with dirty grease like used trucks where the trailer is attached.

Place a fish or cat food inside the tube and lay it in the garden.

Cat crawls trough gets dirty and walks in to the owners house lays down on the couch or even better the bed.

They kill the cat them selves :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Now Turin has a creative idea!

puddle jumper

Captain

I know how most of you feel. You come out in the morning and there is these 4 paw skid marks down the hood of you car. I would say if you know were the cat came from confront the owner. Even if thay seem to think that it cant be fluffy you will probably never see it again. If you don't know who the owners are, take some steel wool soaked in turpentine and give the cat about
3 good scrubs right under the tail. It wont come back and it does not really hurt the cat. This also works good on dogs as well.

3 good scrubs with steel wool and terpintine under its friggin tail? LORD now that would be just too cruel...........maybe under the owners tail would be better..gezz Those hand held bug zappers work great when used on the cats nose. Problem is if he ever even sees you again he will run and hide and pray to his little cat god that you dont see him.

puddle jumper

Captain

First of all do you think your going to get 3 swipes with the steel wool and your ok with tazering the kitty. Hummm

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

3 good scrubs right under the tail. It wont come back and it does not really hurt the cat. This also works good on dogs as well.

I can see it now. You grab a cat's tail and he'll gets three swipes of you before you get even one. Can you say "feline explosion"?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

When I was in 8th grade I used to hang with a the kid up the block who was a few years older than me. We had minibikes and gokarts as common interest. Turns out he had this thing for killing cats. One time he showed me (what was left of ) a cat he had run over with the lawnmower. I stopped hanging with him after that. About 15 years later, he stuck a shotgun in his mouth. Took some time, but the cats got vengeance.

Just thought I'd toss this bit of useless information into the mix....

MikDee

Banned

Personally I'm not a cat person, I happen to like dogs, I can only imagine what I'd like to do with pesky cats, some of you guys are over the line though, but I happen to like the greasy tube idea that turin mentioned, but that cat would probably die trying to lick himself clean. I think if you could get it to stand still long enough, a good spray with a cheap perfume should really **** it off, and it's owner.

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you want to get rid of a cat you should hurt the owner.

What you do is this.

Take a tube where a cat can easily crawl trough.
Than paint the inside with dirty grease like used trucks where the trailer is attached.

Place a fish or cat food inside the tube and lay it in the garden.

Cat crawls trough gets dirty and walks in to the owners house lays down on the couch or even better the bed.

They kill the cat them selves :cool:

That sounds just crazy enough to work! My dog dont allow any cats around here! Or squirrels for that matter.Shes got about 6 this summer!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

There is an old wise tale about cats. If you cut their whiskers off that they will leave home.

I have never tried this as cats hate me as much as I hate them. The only way I can handle a cat is with welders gloves.

Yeah, the idea of the greased tube is good. On a similar note, I remember when I was stationed in Florida I had a neighbor that disliked cats too. He would trap them and then put them in his charcoal bin for awhile. He would stir the charcoal up a bit to make sure the cat got coated well and turn it loose.

moterboat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't believe you guy's , all your thinking about is the best way to get rid of a kitty when theres people all over the world starving.. do the right thing..send a kitty care package to, feed a Ethiopian today.:) :)

FLATHEAD

Commander

I've personally killed cats in so many different ways. I've drowned them, I've shot them, when I was 10 I actually was practicing to be a pitcher in a little league team, and for a while I was good. One fastball right in the side and 2 days later the cat was dead on my driveway. In my truck, I TRY to hit cats. Dogs.....I'll try to avoid. The only time I try to avoid hitting a cat is on my bike, when I try to avoid hitting anything with legs.

Not a cat lover here but,,,,,:( :(,, Your screwed up.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Why does it not surprise me that there are so few cat lovers in a group of people who love to be on the water? :)

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I can't imagine having one of my grandkids seeing their cat come home wounded or poisioned.

I couldn't stand coming home and seeing my girlfriend when she found one of our cats outside poisoned. Don't know how the cat got out, and not sure if it was an intentional poisoning... but it wasn't a fun experience and watching the cat suffer and take its last breaths while the ol' was on the phone with her dad was enough to wrench my heart.

I will say this with all the cat threads I see, I hate dogs, I think the next time I see one just standing in the middle of the road staring at me like it wants to play with my truck, I'll just run it over. Or the next time I see someone walking their dog and the dog decides to take a crap on my lawn and the owner not pick it up, I'll put a .22 through the dogs head. Sound fair?

I know animals can be a nuiscance, LOTS of humans can be too and more destructive, but killing someones family pet is stupid. There are other means to take care of that problem. Strays are strays, send them to the shelter. Next time you think of shooting a cat though, think about your dog and how you would feel if someone put a bullet through its head. Fun hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.