Who can tell me how to convert an electric remote to electric tiller?

duckling

Recruit
My gangway rules out a central steering console. My age rules out a manual start. So can anyone tell me how to convert an electric 10/15 hp 4-stroke outbooard (preferably Mariner), so that I can steer/throttle with a tiller?
I can arrange the ignition panel and the elec start models have the necessary flywheel, alternator, etc. Any advice gratefully received.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Who can tell me how to convert an electric remote to electric tiller?

they build that size motor with a tiller control electric start, when you say preferalbe mariner, i assume you don't have a motor yet, buy on that is set up with electric start.

duckling

Recruit

Many tks for that. I cannot find any such product on the Mariner website and my local dealer says I've made a mistake!! Do u happen to hv any more info to locate this product? Most grateful.

duckling

Recruit

Tks for that JTexas but I have an awful feeling they show a tiller photo for a model that is electric remote. I'm told they used to do a long shaft, but no more. Another suggestion I've heard is that Yamaha's new 9.9hp elec 4-stroke remote can have a tiller added -- though not a factory option. Problem is head offices don't like talking to buyers and ignore emails, while most dealers don't know the answers.
I'm still searching.

whywhyzed

Banned

head offices don't like talking to buyers and ignore emails, while most dealers don't know the answers.
amen....
that has happenned with the last 3 major things i wanted to buy for my boat.

They have the product, I have the cash, but I can't buy it....