battery kill switch

Road Guy

Cadet
Anyone got a good kill switch they can point me to for my battery?

Only ones that I see at Overtons or West Marine seam to be a little on the overkill side $85 bucks and up.

Always have to triple check the boat when we leave, kids playing with stuff, etc..I want to say I have seen a simple kill switch in some offroading magazines that were just a key that would turn off the juice near the battery..

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: battery kill switch

Google "Perko battery switches" and look on Ebay in boat parts. To purchase outright the should be $35 or less, on Ebay be sure to add in the shipping for price comparison.

pgdignan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the Perko's pretty common, you could also check radio shack or someplace similar for a heavy duty disconnect.

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

the Perko's pretty common, you could also check radio shack or someplace similar for a heavy duty disconnect.

If you are interested in a sure battery disconnect, remove the negative cable from the battery; but, there is safety in using marine grade components when it comes to electrical items.

A battery switch will offer convenience, flexibility, and reliability. Browse the offerings on Ebay. It will give you an idea of what is available as to form, function, AND price.