Temp Range on Mercury 200HP OffShore

Randy22

Seaman Apprentice
Can someone tell me what the ideal temp range is for these engines? I have one that runs at around 150 while the other wants to peg over to 170 at idle. When up and running around 4000 rpm, they both run fairly close at around 140-145, but at idle and upwards to 1200 rpm, the port engine wants to heat up. I cannot find anything in my manual. Just wanting to see if these ranges are the norm. Thanks...

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: Temp Range on Mercury 200HP OffShore

when was the last time you changed water impeller

Randy22

Seaman Apprentice

Several folks have asked me that even off the forum. These are '98 engines with very low hours and the impellers have never been changed. Is replacing the these a back yard job or boat dealer? Thanks...

gss036

Commander

Use "dougrussell.com" for parts, a little cheaper than Mercpartsexpress and order the entire kit instead of parts, it is cheaper and then you know that you have everything that you need.
Take a look here and it will help, a picture is worth more than words and it is step by step.
I guess you have your motors up and running now with the new electric injections pumps? Really your temps are not that bad, 150 degree is right on, but 170 is ok. I think my 200 is about at that level by the time I clear the breakwater and head out, then cools back to the low side of the guage, I don't have numbers on mine.

http://www.in-depthangling.com/foru...91911/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/93/fpart/1

Randy22

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks again for the great info. That link was and will be very helpful!

I did get the Electronic Oil Injectors on. I actually posted a seperate topic just a day or so ago regarding the install and the success of the product. I would have never thought it was a major failure such as the gear, but thank goodness for Bob at Marine Resources and his product. The trial and elimination process of ideas from the forum really helped me better understand my engines, so even though the outcome was difficult to hear, the knowledge gained through the process was "priceless".