Tie downs are good

Matthew_B

Seaman
Re: Tie downs are good

As I said, I stole it from another forum so I have no knowledge of it's origin. That said, I don't think it's a fake.

It looks to me like a very good Photoshop job. With the drive in the position it is in it would have hung on the trailer.

Outdrives will come up if forced. That way they can pivot up rather than destroy the transom if an underwater object is hit. They will drop back down as soon as the force is removed.

The rearmost cooler is undamaged.

The cooler is not supporting the boat, the truck bed rails are. You can see some flexure in the outside walls of the bed where it was flexed out. Check out the taillights too.

The one prop fin we can see is undamaged,

If it's up and behind the drive lower body, why would it be? Nothing could hit it.

the front of the truck looks like the damage came from something other than the pole (looks like the Rad & fan are hanging outside the engine bay).

They almost missed. It looks like the pole hit in line with the right front tire. You can see the suspension was shoved backwards and the tire is almost back to the door. Hitting the edge of the grill and radiator would detach it and fling it around if their right mount was hit.

Finally, the rear glass of the truck is crumpled. Rear glass shatters. Front glass crumples................

I can't tell in the shadows. It could be a slider with the glass broken out and the frame crumpled.

------

It would have to be one really good job to make a convincing sag to the truck suspension plus smash down the trailer tongue like that.

pgdignan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Isn't that one of those new amphibian vehicles!

If from a Photoshop they did a really good job with the details. Check out the flexure in the tail light lens. Actually it looks like the airbag might have deployed. Notice where the steering wheel should be, it looks distorted like the panel over the airbag is blown out and upward. Also looks like the airbag deflated and is draped down the steering wheel.

Looking at the electrical panel on the light pole it looks new. Also notice the water on the highway under the lower unit. Were I to guess the guy forgot his plug (water on the highway under the lower unit) and was racing home to get it. The light pole was set up while he was at the lake. "Damn, when did they install this light pole?!:eek: It wasn't here when I went through here this morning!":redface:

Gotta admit, its one of those awsome and scary photos.

Brijoe00

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thats no accident...thats how he hauls it. Who needs a trailer

steve young

Recruit

Stolen from another forum:

4yi4ih1.jpg

By the looks of it, you're gonna have little baby truckboats!:eek:

nodima

Seaman Apprentice

Great. Now Bayliner sales folks will start claiming their boats are car-toppers.

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Naw, he just parked it up there to make sure all the water drained out of the bilge.

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class

The throttle cable probably broke when they were driving it on to the trailer. Slow down Mario!