My Yamaha F200txra What do you guys think

mokaction

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Pulled the sparkplugs off my motor day to find that on of my sparkplugs are fried. So what do you think could be wrong with the cylinder? Do you think I will need a valve job and to have the cylinder resleeved?

Also had anyone else ever had this problem??

Larry

Attachments

• badn2plug4n6goodsm.jpg
    badn2plug4n6goodsm.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: My Yamaha F200txra What do you guys think

she is most likly a done deal looks like its had a bit of water in the cylinders.
time to pull the heads and see what is salvagable.

mokaction

Petty Officer 2nd Class

she is most likly a done deal looks like its had a bit of water in the cylinders.
time to pull the heads and see what is salvagable.

rodbolt,

Ya, that is what I was thinking. Pulling the heads tomorrow morning and let you know.

thx,

larry

mokaction

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Robolt..

Took a part the motor and found sand in every water passage. Even the Stat was messed up. All tubes and water ways were full of sand and mud. Also all the parts where rusted together. Looks like I got to it in time. There was no pitting of any bearings. All the bearings looked like they are brand new. No wear at all on the cam or crack shaft.

Here is the head, I am bring it over to the shop on monday to have it welded and re-seated. Shouldn't be that much. Since I have the motor a part, I will replace all the valve springs. Also all the bearing still look new, I will also be replacing the #2 cylinder and all the rings for the whole motor. Motor should be like new once I am done.

Attachments

• valvecloseup3_with discription.jpg
    valvecloseup3_with discription.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0