How to ask my girlfriend to marry me

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to ask my girlfriend to marry me

Do it the old fashioned way.......
Hit her over the head with a rock or stick & drag her back to the cave!......;):D

I've been waiting, with bated breath, for your response Haut. You did not disappoint.;)

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

I asked mrswaterwitch2 while singing Karaoke on a live microphone at a Mexican restaurant.

bassman284

Commander

Well, I'm no expert, but I've done this twice and it worked both times.

Wait for a situation where you're both kind of relaxed and in a good mood, then say, "Well, hey, you wanna get married or what?" Never fails.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Do it the old fashioned way.......
Hit her over the head with a rock or stick & drag her back to the cave!......;):D
[/quote\\

Just remember to drag her by the hair..............that way she won't fill up ..........never mind, thats an old joke. As for the original question, just be yourself and speak from the heart.Thats who she knows and what she wants to hear.;):)

eriediver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

She actually hates boats..

She onley goes whit me on my boat when its above 30 degrees celcius..
and than only to swim..

So not a good idea...

I'd run like hell & find someone who loves boating as much as you.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Ask if she would mind an open relationship and see what she says....ANIMAL :D Only fools get married and bigger fools get divorces.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Too big an ocean to just net one fish. The best thing about women, they are all different { THANK THE GODS }....ANIMAL :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Well so far only one woman has replied and her answer was very similiar to mine. I don't know if thats a good thing or not though...... Let me just sit here and get in touch with my feminine side. ;)

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think the old fashioned way is good with a rock and the dragging.

Or I could take her to the zoo that's where we had our first date..

the old-fashioned candlelight diner or is that just a stupid thing to do now a days :confused:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I think the old fashioned way is good with a rock and the dragging.

After that post, you had better not show her this thread.

Well, I know how I would do it. Figured it out about 20 years ago, just never found the right woman to try it with.

Don't know if I should share it here or not.
Don't know if its ever been done before.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Just tell her you're pregnant and she'll have to marry you now for the sake of the kids! :D:D:D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

The zoo is an excellent place to go for the occassion. I would contact the zoo director and tell them your plans. Many places like this will work with you finding the right time and moment to pop the question.

Not sure if your doing the right thing getting hitched to someone that does not enjoy the same things. After 4 marriages I have found out that you must have someone that enjoys ALL the things together. However, you can kiss boating good bye if you think she IS the right one to live your life with. Good Luck Turin on your new adventure :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Are there any old bridges, waterfalls or beautiful mountain tops in your area? They could set the scene for romance too. Bring a blanket, wine, cheese and crackers, etc. She would certainly be surprised and would remember it forever.

Or, a hot air balloon ride could be a good place to propose (don't drop the ring) lol.

Just remember, it has to take her off guard a bit in order to be special and the setting is very important.

Good luck !

eriediver

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The zoo is an excellent place to go for the occassion. I would contact the zoo director and tell them your plans. Many places like this will work with you finding the right time and moment to pop the question.

Not sure if your doing the right thing getting hitched to someone that does not enjoy the same things. After 4 marriages I have found out that you must have someone that enjoys ALL the things together. However, you can kiss boating good bye if you think she IS the right one to live your life with. Good Luck Turin on your new adventure :D

I guess "if at first ya don't succeed, try 3 more times" huh:D

I'm on my 2nd & last (this one's good tho)

Monkaroo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Get her out in the boat , a couple of miles from shore , and ask her does she want to get married or had she rather swim back . If she takes the swim , go find you another one .:D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I guess "if at first ya don't succeed, try 3 more times" huh:D

I'm on my 2nd & last (this one's good tho)

Like ANIMAL says that there is more fish to catch. Some stink and some need throwed back. Yeah, it took me to number 4, but it is wonderful to find the right one. Been married 10 years now and we have yet to have a fight. The first 3 fishes liked the bait on other hooks so it was time for a release.

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Are there any old bridges, waterfalls or beautiful mountain tops in your area? T

Good luck !

I live in Holland its a flat country filled with stoned people....

so no mountains

I think ill ask her in the zoo,

ma by i can do something with our fire truck...
rescue her or some thing stupid...

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I still say RUN!!! they should pass a law that no one can get married be for 35. Hope fully you know what you're doing by then. I didn. take the plung till36 and it only lasted about a year after it was legal. Should've throwed that one back the night I met her { she tried to run over one of her other x-husbands,,,spent 6 months in the loony bin and came out with a crazy check,,,S.S.I....so now she sets around and does nothing and weighs over 300 lbs }. Any how, truthfully if she doesn't like to do the things you like to do it will always be a problem. Trust me, sold 2 different Harleys :mad: for women and I should have kept the Harleys { look what they are worth today }....ANIMAL :D

i386

Captain

Take a look at her mom and get to know her because she'll turn into her mom one day. :D