No more Levi's jeans for me

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: No more Levi's jeans for me

I get it, it's about 'Good' & 'Evil'........
& pompous pontificators.....;)

tommays

Admiral

Are we turing off are CABLE because of the LOGO channel :confused:

Because if your really fell this way you should it is an alternate lifestyle channel

And what could be worse than the rags out at the grocery store for every child to SEE

Tommays

i386

Captain

OK I see KRS point now. If he really feels that strongly about it he should let Levis know how he feels. He could also let his local retailers know too. I don't have any kids so I guess I sort of get desensitized somewhat. It does bother me that everything has to be "hot" and "sexy" these days. I often catch myself saying "If that was my daughter, ain't no way I'd let her out of the house looking like that". This issue is a lot bigger than just Levis though.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I still think it is silly to make a big deal out of where or to whom Levi Strauss advertises their products.

I have a gay daughter. There is not an evil molecule in her body or her mind. Her nephews, her neice and her grand nephews know she has a female partner in life (almost 30 years now) and don't think it is a big deal. They think she is wonderful.

People fear, and often hate, that which they don't understand. They have to be taught to hate.

Pretending that homosexuals don't exist, or worse, that there is something evil or dangerous about them is just plain ignorance.

aspeck

Staff member

What I find offensive is that they use sex to sell. I don't care if it is hetero or homo ... for the sake of innocense, why not leave it alone.

From a marketing standpoint, I know that sex sells. But just because it sells, does that make it right? The marketing agencies in the world are the biggest prostitution houses around. As several of the members have said already - for our children, and our grand children, can't we try to keep sex out of the selling game. It really cheapens the whole experience ...

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have a gay daughter. There is not an evil molecule in her body or her mind. Her nephews, her neice and her grand nephews know she has a female partner in life (almost 30 years now) and don't think it is a big deal. They think she is wonderful.
FWIW I never mentioned, nor feel, nor consider homosexuality as evil. Never said it, posted it, or again felt it. Yes, your grand buddies have a personal experience that has opened their eyes, ears and minds to differences that at some time in all of our lives we will confront, learn, decide on etc.

I guess my point was that it is not up to Levis to teach my kids about this, it is up to me. We are a pretty permissive household, we do not spend a lot of time monitoring what our kids watch etc. But that is me/us. Levis deciding when my kids are exposed to Homosexuality is not necessarily OK . . . Yes, I could shut the TV off forever, and I could make them wear blindfolds when we are in the car, and I could require only approved songs in their iPods etc. and not allow them to listen to Radio that may advertise, but I would argue that Levis has a responsibility to consider ALL of their customers and find ways to advertise that does not offend them. If they don't, then I can see why some might want to boycott and/or find ways to let Levis know of their dissatisfaction . . . That to me is not silly . . . ;)

And to reiterate my position on the Gay "lifestyle" for those who have not been privy to JB's and my posts on this topic over the last couple of years. I do not have any negative feelings toward JB's daughter. I hope that she leads a happy and fulfilling life that includes love and comfort from whomever she chooses to receive that from. I do not, however, feel that a Homosexual relationship is equal to a Heterosexual relationship due to the fact that society benefits from homes that include both a loving Mother AND a loving Father if in fact there are children involved. I believe strongly that this is the ideal, not the only way to raise children, but the preferred way to raise children.

There should be no need for me to point out that I am sure there are Homosexual homes that do a better job rasing children than some Heterosexual homes. An example would be a loving same sex set of parents as compared to an abusive traditional set of parents. This does not change the fact that one of each of the loving variety should be preferred. There are things that a woman can provide to a child that a man cannot and visa versa. This goes for single parent households as well. Are they bad? NO!!!!!!!!!! Just not ideal, so again, society should encourage the ideal. It is our responsibility, their future and the right thing to do. I save the word evil for "Really Bad People who do really bad stuff" or some other such remedial definition for those who cannot handle that word responsibly.

Rant off.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't think we disagree except maybe in fine details, QC.

My big thing, as you well know from many threads, is that there are still people who think that homosexuality is a choice, that people can be turned into homosexuals if they think it is a "normal" orientation or that associating with homosexuals increases the likelihood that they will "become" homosexuals. You might as well try to convince a hetero boy that he is a girl.

We all keep our private behavior private except for nutcases who flaunt (and lie about) their conquests. That includes hetero as well as gay nutcases. It is part of the real world. We don't have to like it, but we can't change it.

OldMercsRule

Captain

I agree with JB: Homosexuality is likely hard wired and not a matter of choice.

The only objection I have with this issue is the drive by this particular interest group to be accepted by all. They have hooked up with Libs n' Dems, (the corntrol freaks), who draw much of their power from the public school monopoly. Our children are now drilled at a young age to know all aspects of homosexuality n' accept it as "normal". They don't learn much about other useful skills like math et al. That is an issue with Liberal corntrol not necessarily homosexuality.

Homosexuality does occur in soceity but unlike skin color: does not have to be in yer face all the time as the special interest groups want. If a person is Homosexual it can be a private matter in their bedroom and between their own family n' friends.

It is very different then skin color et al.

I will still buy Levis, as they are just trying to sell their products. Respectfully, JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

HMMMMMM.......
Seems to me......
That if some of the Religous Right Wacko's would get over the definition of marriage thing, gays would no longer be a 'special interest' group......
They are afforded every benefit of non discrimination as proscribed by law, except this one, last hurdle.......
So, I say it is the Religious Right conservative wacko's that are propping up the 'special interest' arguement, while they continue to rail against it.....
& those who think that sex education has no place in school should pull their heads out of their---'er---the sand.......
Homosexuality is a fact of life.......
Get over it!.......;):)

QC

Supreme Mariner

That if some of the Religous Right Wacko's would get over the definition of marriage thing, gays would no longer be a 'special interest' group......
I am not a Religious Right whacko, but thank you for including me as I would not want to be discriminated against if I wanted to join their club . . . :rolleyes:

They are afforded every benefit of non discrimination as proscribed by law, except this one, last hurdle......

Hey I want a couch in the Men's room just like many Women's rooms have. I need to lie down when I am on my period . . . :rolleyes:

those who think that sex education has no place in school should pull their heads out of their---'er---the sand......

Thank you for determining when and what the State should teach my children. I am incapable of making those decisions for myself. This is where I believe the ultra left and the ultra right join in a kinda circle. If I want to teach children that the State should be worshipped and is superior to Family, I am called a Fascist. If I insist that the State should teach my Children what is proper sex, and with whom it is proper, because I cannot be trusted to teach them, you would consider me enlightened, progressive, pragmatic and a Democrat. I challenge you to define the difference :rolleyes:
Love you Blo Bro. Hey, does that qualify me as a club member?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haut Medoc

I am not a Religious Right whacko, but thank you for including me as I would not want to be discriminated against if I wanted to join their club . . . :rolleyes:
Sure you are, you just can't see it!.....

Quote:
They are afforded every benefit of non discrimination as proscribed by law, except this one, last hurdle......

Hey I want a couch in the Men's room just like many Women's rooms have. I need to lie down when I am on my period . . . :rolleyes:
I'm sure thet's not agin' the law.....
The period thing- Your on your own with that!....

Quote:
those who think that sex education has no place in school should pull their heads out of their---'er---the sand......
This is where I believe the ultra left and the ultra right join in a kinda circle. If I want to teach children that the State should be worshipped and is superior to Family, I am called a Fascist. If I insist that the State should teach my Children what is proper sex, and with whom it is proper, because I cannot be trusted to teach them, you would consider me enlightened, progressive, pragmatic and a Democrat. I challenge you to define the difference :rolleyes:

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Thank you for determining when and what the State should teach my children. I am incapable of making those decisions for myself.

That is why there is a school curriculum that is formulated by professional educators.....

This is where I believe the ultra left and the ultra right join in a kinda circle. If I want to teach children that the State should be worshipped and is superior to Family, I am called a Fascist.
Just a name, but repression is repression.....
Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology (generally tied to a mass movement) that considers individual and other societal interests subordinate to the needs of the state, and seeks to forge a type of national unity, usually based on, but not limited to, ethnic, cultural, or racial attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as its integral parts: nationalism, authoritarianism, statism, militarism, corporatism, populism, totalitarianism, anti-communism, and opposition to economic and political liberalism
If I insist that the State should teach my Children what is proper sex, and with whom it is proper, because I cannot be trusted to teach them, you would consider me enlightened, progressive, pragmatic and a Democrat.
What is proper sex?
I do think is is enlightened to teach children the physiology of the human body with regard to sex.....
The Victorian Age was over a hundred years ago, I realize that it is hard to embrace change, but .....
Why doesn't the school leave you to teach math or English or history?....
I challenge you to define the difference :rolleyes:
Right Wing Religious Wacko?.....
No, just misguided.....

OldMercsRule

Captain

HMMMMMM.......
Seems to me......

Hmmmmmm, Who do the Corntrol freaks, (Libs n' dim wit Dems) wanna bestow the privledges of marrage to n' how do they qualify fer the bene's? If there is LUV? I LUV me sister can incest qualify? I LUV me dog can beastality qualify? How does NANNY GUBMINT DECIDE, (a cam in the ol' bedroom? Hmmmmmm, I say. Heterosexual marriage seems to have a positive influance on society, (at least to a guy with one functional brain cell). CHILDREN can actually be produced as well as raised. Seems worth some incouragement, at least to me, 'course yer the one me Bro who has pointed out the well known limitations of only one functional brain cell. :D:D

They are afforded every benefit of non discrimination as proscribed by law, except this one, last hurdle.......

Rights canot be denied to any American citizen, it is a privledge to marry. Can I marry me dog n' get some health care fer 'em?

So, I say it is the Religious Right conservative wacko's that are propping up the 'special interest' arguement, while they continue to rail against it.....

Some special interests produce babies who replace us me Bro!

& those who think that sex education has no place in school should pull their heads out of their---'er---the sand.......

Education does not mean pushin' in yer face acceptance n' special perks fer Homosexuals: me Bro! What about the three R's that a secondary cornsideration to knowledge of all aspects of homosexuality?

Yup.

Did a long time ago. It is nothin' special deservin' special treatement from Nanny Gubmint: that's all Bro!! Respectfully, JR

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

HMMMMMM.......
Seems to me......

Hmmmmmm, Who do the Corntrol freaks, (Libs n' dim wit Dems) wanna bestow the privledges of marrage to n' how do they qualify fer the bene's? If there is LUV? I LUV me sister can incest qualify? I LUV me dog can beastality qualify? How does NANNY GUBMINT DECIDE, (a cam in the ol' bedroom? Hmmmmmm, I say. Heterosexual marriage seems to have a positive influance on society, (at least to a guy with one functional brain cell). CHILDREN can actually be produced as well as raised. Seems worth some incouragement, at least to me, 'course yer the one me Bro who has pointed out the well known limitations of only one functional brain cell. :D:D
They allready have the bennies Murky.....
& Heterosexual marriage is not at stake....
This is the part that bugs me.....
You allready said that we are hardwired...
So, where is the risk?.....

Rights canot be denied to any American citizen, it is a privledge to marry. Can I marry me dog n' get some health care fer 'em?
Your dog is not a human being.....
However, you could have sexual relations with an animal legally up until the "Incident at Enumclaw"....:eek:

Like who?...
Gays?......

Education does not mean pushin' in yer face acceptance n' special perks fer Homosexuals: me Bro! What about the three R's that a secondary cornsideration to knowledge of all aspects of homosexuality? When did they quit teaching the 3 R's?......
Is homosexuality on the WASL?.......

Yup.

Did a long time ago. It is nothin' special deservin' special treatement from Nanny Gubmint: that's all Bro!! Respectfully, JR

So did I.....
& I must admit that I have a visceral reaction when I see men hug & kiss....
YUCK!.....
I don't know whether this comes naturally or whether it was learned.....
When I grew up in Jersey, if youi were a ***, you were in the closet or you faced the cornsequences.....
But I do think that it is equal treatment, not special treatment.....
Most that see it as special treatment, are generally Religious Right Wing Wackos.......IMHO

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I always thought that freedom of religon means any religon,,,GO PAGANS...If you don't like what they teach your kids keep them home and teach them what you want. It is a free country, right? If I had kids they would NOT be in the school system. You say you don't have time { work and all } ask your self what is more important,,,that new I-POD phone or learning right from wrong. Kids will get farther with common sence than college education. I know a lot of college types that are real smart but you still have to explain which end of the screw driver to use. If you get the common sence part down when you're a kid then college comes easy. Then you are twice as smart as the rest of them { as they said in star trek next gen " He's smart, I think we'll keep him " }. When you think about it they can train a monkey or build a robot to do just about every job in the world, Includeing setting at a desk suffling papers { look at the government }. Companys think they save money by haveing fewer jobs,,,all they do is make fewer people that can buy their product. This is what the so called smarter people get for you...ANIMAL :rolleyes:

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

Man, it was getting funny till you posted that picture. Now that there is one fine hide she has on ,for sure.:eek:

I'am just an old redneck, ware what I want to hold the parts in that need to be in.:D

If I didnt buy things because a gay guy or gal wore them or shopped at a place then I guess I wouldn't have a truck,car, horse or little red wagon. I anint skeerd, not one bit.:rolleyes:

I'am new to these forums and find out you boys is funner than a rabbit fighting a snake.:p

OldMercsRule

Captain

HMMMMMM.......
Seems to me......

Hmmmmmm, Who do the Corntrol freaks, (Libs n' dim wit Dems) wanna bestow the privledges of marrage to n' how do they qualify fer the bene's? If there is LUV? I LUV me sister can incest qualify? I LUV me dog can beastality qualify? How does NANNY GUBMINT DECIDE, (a cam in the ol' bedroom? Hmmmmmm, I say. Heterosexual marriage seems to have a positive influance on society, (at least to a guy with one functional brain cell). CHILDREN can actually be produced as well as raised. Seems worth some incouragement, at least to me, 'course yer the one me Bro who has pointed out the well known limitations of only one functional brain cell.
They allready have the bennies Murky.....

That is me point: Bro!!! Thanks!! Gays can marry the same people I can, (in me case a woman not related to me). No need to expand NANNY GUBMINT: Bro, in any way shape or form.

& Heterosexual marriage is not at stake....

Yes it is. If ya can marry yer brother or sister or dog or cat or house plant a special society renewin' very special thousands year old cornvention is lost if ya dumb it down. I don't want it hammered 'cause I'm a rational Cornservative; me Religion has little to do with it.

This is the part that bugs me.....
You allready said that we are hardwired...
So, where is the risk?.....

See above.

The distruction of benificial societal norms!!!!

Your dog is not a human being.....
However, you could have sexual relations with an animal legally up until the "Incident at Enumclaw"....:eek:

Like who?...
Gays?......

Education does not mean pushin' in yer face acceptance n' special perks fer Homosexuals: me Bro! What about the three R's that a secondary cornsideration to knowledge of all aspects of homosexuality? When did they quit teaching the 3 R's?......
Is homosexuality on the WASL?.......

Yup.

So did I.....
& I must admit that I have a visceral reaction when I see men hug & kiss....
YUCK!.....
I don't know whether this comes naturally or whether it was learned.....
When I grew up in Jersey, if youi were a ***, you were in the closet or you faced the cornsequences.....
But I do think that it is equal treatment, not special treatment.....
Most that see it as special treatment, are generally Religious Right Wing Wackos.......IMHO

I don't like to debate this one, ya got me here Bro. I give up: you win!!!! We should have Nanny Gubmint forced health care fer spouses: house plants, pets, non sexually engaged room mates et al!!!! JR :D:D

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

And before everyone comes down on me for being Pagan just remember the christians have killed more people through time than any other religon and were still doing it in the wild wild west days { just ask the indians } trying to get them to belive their way. The only thing different today is they pass laws to control us instead of killing us. If they would tax the "churches" like they do everybody else it would get rid of over half the national debt. Heck, make pot legal and that would take care of the rest of it. But no we would all go to HELL if we taxed churches and we make more money with pot illegal, we can take every thing you own because you have a joint and stoped for a burned out tail light in a school zone. And they have all these people beliveing what they tell them Instead of thinking for their selves. Besides was'nt the bible rewritten by King James to read the way he wanted it to? From the crusades all the way to the American Indian the christens have been one of the bloodest religons of all time. Don't belive me look it up....ANIMAL :eek:

OldMercsRule

Captain

And before everyone comes down on me for being Pagan just remember the christians have killed more people through time than any other religon and were still doing it in the wild wild west days { just ask the indians } trying to get them to belive their way.

That is a lie. Check out a little history about the "Religion o' Peace" in the Library or bum a copy of any of ROBERT SPENCERS' books. Ya might learn how false the statement ya just made really is.

The only thing different today is they pass laws to control us instead of killing us. If they would tax the "churches" like they do everybody else it would get rid of over half the national debt. Heck, make pot legal and that would take care of the rest of it. But no we would all go to HELL if we taxed churches and we make more money with pot illegal, we can take every thing you own because you have a joint and stoped for a burned out tail light in a school zone. And they have all these people beliveing what they tell them Instead of thinking for their selves. Besides was'nt the bible rewritten by King James to read the way he wanted it to? From the crusades all the way to the American Indian the christens have been one of the bloodest religons of all time. Don't belive me look it up....ANIMAL :eek:

A guy that pays no taxes, falsely titlein' HIS assetts to live off the system, (BTW: that is against the law), n' now givin' advice on raisin' taxes on sectors of a functioning society he does not like. REAL NICE. JR

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ya Rudedude I like gettin 'em all worked up. Most of them just don't have a clue. It just means more to me when you drag an old boat out of a farmers field and restore it than call your banker to see how big of a boat you can buy so you can outdo everybody else on the pond, ya know.... But with out those guys there wouldn't be any boats in farmers fields would there? Guess we gotta have them but can we kill them after they buy their 3rd boat,,,please...ANIMAL :D P.S. Got a 1958 35 hp and a 1978 35hp rude