No more Levi's jeans for me

KRS

Banned
Well, given my recent realization of their marketing campaign, I won't be buying Levi's anymore.

Anyone else?

KRS

i386

Captain
Re: No more Levi's jeans for me

Throw me a bone here, I'm only half as smart as Murky. Details?

ricksrster

Commander

I've searched all over and can't find anything bad about Levi jeans.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

No, Murky has one fully functioning brain cell, so that means you have 1/2.......;):)
But it is a very finely tuned brain cell.....:)
What did Levi's do to incur the wrath of the Neo-Cons?.....:):)

i386

Captain

That's what I want to know. Official jean of Harry Potter perhaps?

OldMercsRule

Captain

No, Murky has one fully functioning brain cell, so that means you have 1/2.......;):)
But it is a very finely tuned brain cell.....:)
What did Levi's do to incur the wrath of the Neo-Cons?.....:):)

Hate to admit it, but the ol' brain cell doesn't know what is wrong with Levi's either, been lurkin' n' hopein' someone with cornsiderably more then one brain cell would give a clue. (I haven't read Drudge et al yet either). Please enlighten us. BTW been wearin' 501s since grade school, doubt I'll change unless the reason is real PROFOUND. My $.02 JR

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Hate to admit it, but the ol' brain cell doesn't know what is wrong with Levi's either, been lurkin' n' hopein' someone with cornsiderably more then one brain cell would give a clue. (I haven't read Drudge et al yet either). Please enlighten us. BTW been wearin' 501s since grade school, doubt I'll change unless the reason is real PROFOUND. My $.02 JR

well I stopped buying Levi's several years ago...no political statement but when I can buy Rustler for $12 at Alco vs $24+ for Levi's....heck, that's 2 pair for every 1.....doesn't take me long to figure out I needed a change....and I too only have 1/4 brain cell.... :D

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Oh no, Levi's had the audacity to market their product to both heterosexuals and homosexuals. Scandal.

Are ya'll seriously bothered by this? I'm not gay and could really give a flip who is or what company markets to them. Their market share is getting hammered by the competition and if they want to test the "gay waters" fine. I'm secure enough to continue wearing my Levi's and will not hesitate to spend $ on another pair. Now if Levi's decided to market EXCLUSIVELY to gays and Levi's came to be a subtle code for "gay", allright then, I'd probably not wear them since I would not want to inadvertantly send off a signal I'm gay. But as of for now, it's not like they're sewing a giant rainbow sticker on the back pocket.

I have family members that are strictly anti-gay for biblical reasons. They are also 70+ years old and believe the earth is only 6000 years old, so that says something about their respect for modern developments. IMHO, gay is not a choice.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Are they putting buttons in the back of the 501's, too?......:eek::)

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, just realized maybe not everyone is familiar with what KRS is saying.

Here is the link it suspect he is referring to -

http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/

In a nutshell, Levis is marketing to both straight and gay customers, the gay ads appearing primarily in gay-themed publications. So it's not like you're going to crack open your Field and Stream to see two dudes in an ad riding a pink Vespa to the dog park or anything.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Frogger,

I think they have your size . . . maybe not quite your style, but hey, could be a good change fer ya :eek:

OldMercsRule

Captain

Sorry, just realized maybe not everyone is familiar with what KRS is saying.

Here is the link it suspect he is referring to -

http://adblog.msnbc.msn.com/

In a nutshell, Levis is marketing to both straight and gay customers, the gay ads appearing primarily in gay-themed publications. So it's not like you're going to crack open your Field and Stream to see two dudes in an ad riding a pink Vespa to the dog park or anything.

If that's all it is: no big deal ta me. I live n' work near "Gay Bay North". If I was a homophobe I would have moved a long time ago. Business is bidness. A company just wants cornsumption by the greatest numbers of people possible. Nothin' wrong with that. JR

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How silly.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

What did they wear on Brokeback Mtn? :eek::confused:

I wear Rustlers too. Good jeans for notalotta money. Before Rustlers, it was usually Lee, also cheaper than Levi's. I'm what polite folk call "thrifty". ;)

puddle jumper

Captain

Better stop drinking Budweiser they sponsored the gay Olympics.
To be honest with you all smart marketing people want to market to gay people because they usaly have two good incomes with no dependants and lots of extra cash.