I Hate Stupid Boaters!!!!!

capthook

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Where to start. We got out on the lake at about 4PM yesterday. Went up river a little ways where we always tube because there are not any docks anywhere so our wake will not hurt anything. We pull out of the channel quit a bit so that we did not affect the traffic flow. So we sat there a few minutes inflating the tube. I kept here what sounded like a whistle and I knew someone was in trouble. I kept telling my wife that I was hearing it but she was telling me that I was hearing things and if I was hearing something it was the air pump. So I shut it off. Sure enough I could hear it. I start looking around I see someone waving like hell. So I sat everyone down and took off thinking there was a huge problem and someone was hurt. I get closer and it is a jet flea with 3 passengers on it. They said that the flipped over and could not get it restarted. They were camping up river a little ways and said that there were people there with a boat and asked if I would go and get them. So I did. Half way there the boat started out towards us to see what was wrong so I head back and told them that there friend was heading this way. I then went back to where we were and started getting the tube ready. I looked down river and seen a huge fountain boat coming WOT. I stopped what I was doing to watch because I always admire the sound these big boats make. Well I am about 20-30 yards away from the channel and this big boat comes out of the channel and is coming right at us. I started throwing things around to get up to the wheel and get ready to take off but as I was this boat was coming so fast that right when I get there I seen the look on all of the guys faces on the boat. GRINING EAR TO EAR!!!!! As they turned a little before us making there huge ***** wake right us. My little boy 4 years old with his little spider man life vest on banged his teeth through his lip off the boat somewhere. The poor little guy was bleeding so bad that we had to go in because we thought that he was going to need stitches. On the way in this boat passed us several times causing me to have to slow down because of there f*c*** wake. My wife knew that I was hot and was just about ready to start throwing bodies. She kept telling me not to make any gestures to them because they were drunk and would have loved it if I started something with them. Anyways we made it back to the dock with the little ones injury. He did not get stitches; luckily my aunt is a doctor and got us some liquid stuff that did the trick. Sorry for the long post I still a little upset. I do hope one day me and this fellow will cross paths by fate and I will be more then happy to give him lesson in common courtesy the old fashion way.

DufferJim

Seaman Apprentice
Re: I Hate Stupid Boaters!!!!!

Good thing your wife was there to keep you calm. If I had been out with one of my nephews or neices and that happened I never would have been able to restrain myself. Some people just require a beating for the good of society. Hopefully karma catches up to those idiots.

PondTunes

Petty Officer 1st Class

May a strategically submerged rock intercept their hull.

tommays

Admiral

I think it was time to write down numbers and file a police complaint

They take it serious when there is someone injured :mad:

Tommays

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Honestly, something that out of line, you could press charges. If you'd got his registration # I'd be willing to bet the local law enforcement would file charges of criminal negligence after taking witness accounts and seeing your young son's injury.

I've been in your place before and it's not fun. Having the safety of your family threatened by drunks looking for kicks has to be one of the most rage inducing events I can think of.

capthook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats what I am thinking. I thought that I picked up a few good karma points for trying to help out the overloaded jet flea but I guess not. Anyhow, I am not so sure I will be able to hold myself back if I ever run into them at a beach party. I will never forget that boat. I know to wrongs don't make a right but my little boys face is going to be with him forever. And if it were more then a couple teeth through the lip, I would have made damn sure that his teeth where through his lip at the least. Sorry still venting pretty bad.

capthook

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would have got the hull ID but there was "what seemed to be so much going on" that all I wanted to do was get the little guy back safe, not to mention the rest of us. What really gets me is that on most occasions the Conservation police are readily available, but guess what not this time, go figure.

dhath

Petty Officer 3rd Class

they are never there when the good guys need them.........

cougar1985

Lieutenant Junior Grade

capthook your a much better man than i am.violence would of ensued if it was me instead of you.or at the very least i would of found a cop ,i think they would of frowned upon those idiots bigtime.might not be still to late for charges.those morons deserve to have their boat destroyed on a strategically placed shoal,here,s hoping natural selection takes over.

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

There are those who should be neutralized before they continue the contamination of the gene pool

boatyug

Recruit

revenge is best served cold.
next time your out and see the boat, notify the local H2O inforcement via radio that something is going on on their boat. Pull up a chair and have a good time watching the action. Oh one more thing...make sure that its a good 4pm and that the driver has had plenty to drink!
J

Capt Joe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A camera that takes a pic of the other boat leaving a dangerous wake would make compelling evidence also.

Go get him

Ripfence

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the police take care of them then I would sue them for every single penny I could get out of them even if it cost me more in legal fees than I got out of the deal.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Push some good sized vegetables down the exhausts so they make a good seal at next start up. It can have some amazing results. Especially if there is room for several of them.
Try to be around for that one. It is great fun to watch !!!!

Ever seen a potato cannon ?????

redfury

Commander

Unfortunately, you were around an area with no docks, so what I'm going to say won't matter much in this case, but I think anyone with a lake home and a digital camera and some free time during those days where the idiots seem to flock to the lakes, rivers, and what-not should just pull out the lawn chair, sit down at the dock and start getting ready to take pictures and hull ID's. Do it enough times and the lake will get a reputation, or at least the area on the lake you are in will. It's up to all of us to look out for each other.

That, or a harpoon gun on the front bow.

Bigjohn1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

His actions were both unsafe and completely uncalled for. Cause injury to my family and all bets are off. I would find his tow vehicle and, using a few strategically placed bent nails under his tires, make sure he has a big problem to deal with when he comes in. Yes, I am serious

ddennis

Petty Officer 1st Class

His actions were both unsafe and completely uncalled for. Cause injury to my family and all bets are off. I would find his tow vehicle and, using a few strategically placed bent nails under his tires, make sure he has a big problem to deal with when he comes in. Yes, I am serious

Nails hell. 2" hole saw and my 18v ryobi drill. Same thing I want to do to those damn jetfleas when I see them sitting on their lifts on the lake....not that I would, or have...but damn I want to!