How significant is Karl Rove's resignation?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
How will Mr Rove's resignation affect the US political scene? What did he bring to the Republican Party? Was it time for Mr Rove to go?

treedancer

Commander
Re: How significant is Karl Rove's resignation?

rove-frogmarch.jpg

Karl Thompson.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

It was time for him to go way back when Dubya could've kept his word and fired his butt. Now I guess it's up to Cheney to run the show.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

How will Mr Rove's resignation affect the US political scene?
It will free-up left wing activist resources to go after Cheney with a new zeal.

What did he bring to the Republican Party?
He brought unrivalled goal-tending ability to protect the office of President from the leftist horde. His resignation will detract from it as opposed to bringing anything else TO it.
Was it time for Mr Rove to go?

No. Personally,I think he was thrown under the Other set of bus wheels. And for no good reason either. I'd resign too.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I think that there's nothing left for him to do for the present administration. It's on a down-hill slide through the home stretch. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a groupie for another presidential contender. We haven't seen the last of him.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Yep, like a bad penny, he will keep turning up!......;)

i386

Captain

We'll probably see him again, but he's pretty irrelevant in this administration now imo. I'm sure GWB has his number just in case.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Rove is very arrogant,but he is also very smart and he is not a bull in the china cabinet.
I fear that we may yet miss him,because he probably was a bit of a moderating common sense force in the white house.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Rove is very arrogant,

Hmmmmmm, Ya know the man personally Rolmops, or are ya readin' minds or drinkin' MSM kool aid?

but he is also very smart and he is not a bull in the china cabinet.
I fear that we may yet miss him,because he probably was a bit of a moderating common sense force in the white house.

I don't know about personal charactersitics, (I'll leave the mind readin' n' spinnin' to the Libs), but based on actual measurable performance: he is surely NOT INCOMPETENT. JR

Here is a good read if ya wanna 'reflect' instead of 'read minds'.

'THE MARK OF ROVE' by Paul A Gigot, (who might be a lil' better cornected to Mr. Rove then Rolmops is), as the editor of the WSJ's opinion page, (but who knows), Rolmops is an interestin' feller, (at least to a guy with only one functional brain cell). Enjoy I did!! JR

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010465

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

RE - I don't know about personal charactersitics, (I'll leave the mind readin' n' spinnin' to the Libs), but based on actual measurable performance: he is surely NOT INCOMPETENT. JR

You don't know about his personal characteristics? Forgive me, but MSM bullcrap or not, it's fairly unanimous that Rove is a reptilian scumbag. His dirty campaign tactics are legendary and seems to posses absolutely no appreciation for actual truth if it does not support his cause. During a recent election here for Mayor, one opponent seemed more inclined to sling mud and leak questionable allegations than the other. I recall his tactics were described as "rovian" by our...oh wait...yep, I suppose our local paper would be considered MSM, so nothing it has to say could possibly be unbiased.

Anyway, it felt like you were pulling your punches on this guy when I firmly believe he has contributed nothing but negativity to our world. Maybe Satan will call him home here pretty soon, now that his work here is (hopefully) done.

OldMercsRule

Captain

RE - I don't know about personal charactersitics, (I'll leave the mind readin' n' spinnin' to the Libs), but based on actual measurable performance: he is surely NOT INCOMPETENT. JR

You don't know about his personal characteristics?

No Jasonh: I've never met the man. have you?

Forgive me, but MSM bullcrap or not, it's fairly unanimous that Rove is a reptilian scumbag.

Not unanimous: Jasonh. I, fer one: don't think he is a "scumbag". 'course I'm pretty STUPID, (one brain cell n' all)!

His dirty campaign tactics are legendary and seems to posses absolutely no appreciation for actual truth if it does not support his cause.

Hmmmmmm, he works in the political field Jasonh. BTW: how do the rest of 'em win? HMMMMMMMMMM???????

During a recent election here for Mayor, one opponent seemed more inclined to sling mud and leak questionable allegations than the other. I recall his tactics were described as "rovian" by our...oh wait...yep, I suppose our local paper would be considered MSM, so nothing it has to say could possibly be unbiased.

Yer lernin' Jasonh!!!!!!

Anyway, it felt like you were pulling your punches on this guy when I firmly believe he has contributed nothing but negativity to our world.

I believe in Jesus Christ. When Politics and the media are involved I always hold me nose n' take a grain of salt or two when I cornsume their carp. That's jus' a guy with a single brain cell though.

Maybe Satan will call him home here pretty soon, now that his work here is (hopefully) done.

Sorry ya took the MSM bait HOOK LINE n' SINKER. Do ya know Karl personally or are ya judgein' through the lense of the media? I'd rethink me cornclusions if I were you. YOU REALLY CAN'T KNOW much about the man: my friend. Respectfully, JR

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How significant is Karl Rove's resignation?
To me, none at all.
Next question.:rolleyes:

i386

Captain

Yea, tell all that to Max Cleland.:mad:

jasonh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Never met the man, don't particularly want to. Could I be totally wrong about the Rove, and upon enlightened knowledge realize he is a shining example of a human being? Perhaps. I subscribe to the notion that where there is smoke, there is fire. It's not from one lone MSM source that I draw my opinions. If I read from multiple sources (and it's a wide & eclectic variety, ok? I'm not pidgeonholed easily) that someone is say, an alcoholic, then betting money is that they have an issue with drink.

Same thing here - multiple sources, some conservative, echo that Karl Rove is willing go that extra dirty mile to get a win. Effective, successful, competent, and utterly souless. Politics are dirty, I'm not stupid, but Rove represents to me the absolute pinnacle of political filth.

Just out of curiosity, what brand of media info do you feed from that has been deemed void of any bias? Some magical fount of MSM-free content out there? Or does the content simply align well with your personal beliefs, so it's potential "bias content" may get overlooked?

Respectfully, jasonh

OldMercsRule

Captain

Never met the man, don't particularly want to.

Then ya don't know: PLAIN N' SIMPLE. Niether do I, (BTW).

Could I be totally wrong about the Rove, and upon enlightened knowledge realize he is a shining example of a human being?

That is true.

Perhaps. I subscribe to the notion that where there is smoke, there is fire.

VERY TRUE HERE: Jasonh, n' I for one: would cornsider you more informed n' give yer perspective more weight if you knew him well.

It's not from one lone MSM source that I draw my opinions. If I read from multiple sources (and it's a wide & eclectic variety, ok?

Rove is the poster boy fer move on dot org, (with a bulls eye on his forehead). You have no idea whats up or down about the man, (niether do I BTW).

I'm not pidgeonholed easily) that someone is say, an alcoholic, then betting money is that they have an issue with drink.

I'm not tryin' to "pidgeonhole" ya, I'm jus' tellin' ya you don't have a clue about the private characteristics of a public person who is as corntraversial as Mr Rove is.

Same thing here - multiple sources, some conservative, echo that Karl Rove is willing go that extra dirty mile to get a win.

Very possible, as he does win BIG TIME in a very dirty business. That said we jus' don't really know.

Effective, successful, competent,

Those cornclusions seen rather obvious Jasonh, from public info that you and I both likely cornsume.

and utterly souless.

That cornclusion takes either personal knowledge or good mind readin' skills. George Orwell's goons would have a great job fer ya, if yer that good: Jasonh.

Politics are dirty, I'm not stupid, but Rove represents to me the absolute pinnacle of political filth.

I see that: Jasonh I jus' don't believe you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Just out of curiosity, what brand of media info do you feed from that has been deemed void of any bias?

No such thing: Jasonh, I have no better sources then you do. I jus' know the limitations of what can be known better then you seem ta know that's all: my friend.

Some magical fount of MSM-free content out there?

Nope.

Or does the content simply align well with your personal beliefs, so it's potential "bias content" may get overlooked?

Never said that: Jasonh. I try to be carefull with me words. Please read them not me simple mind. Some things ya can know with relative certianty, but most are jus' an educated guess with the best info we can gather. The more corntraversy the less ya can count on the media. Anything George Soros is involved with causes ol' Murky pause, but ya know me limitations: two eyeballs, two ears, n' one brain cell. That's all!!!!! Great reply! Respectfully, JR :D;)

Respectfully, jasonh

i386

Captain

If he's a snake in politics and then goes home and helps little old ladies across the street he's still a snake.

I don't believe you can separate a person into a public self and a private self. I don't believe when Mr Rove (or any of us for that matter) receives his final judgment only his private life will be judged.

OldMercsRule

Captain

If he's a snake in politics and then goes home and helps little old ladies across the street he's still a snake.

I don't believe you can separate a person into a public self and a private self. I don't believe when Mr Rove (or any of us for that matter) receives his final judgment only his private life will be judged.

OK i386, other then bein' a BIG winner in Politics, (which is a scummy profession by it's very nature), what did he: MR. ROVE, do ta torque ya off so much? I don't get it, but you and Jasonh, (who are both sharp posters here n' diserve respect, [at least from me]), are cornvinced he is Satan himself. what gives; n' makes ya sooooooo sure? JR ps Some people really hate stock brokers too!!

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

It makes no difference that he is gone. He did his job getting President Bush elected, twice. Happy retirement to him.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I don't know what the big deal is....
The end justifies the means.....;)