1994 15 hp evinrude electrical

toomanyboots

Recruit
The ohms in the brown to brown yellow is 900 this double the specs. I have trouble with starting, incomplete combustion and a ranging low speed mixture. What is this resistence telling me?

TMB

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1994 15 hp evinrude electrical

I am unfamiliar with your wiring, maybe be a little more specific. As far as the other symptoms, what have you checked already? Do you done a spark or compression test to start? When is the last time the carbs were rebuilt? Does it pick up when the bulb is pumped?

toomanyboots

Recruit

These wires control either the mag output or the spark control, I am unsure of which. If its the spark output it would explain most of my troubles.
I have had the carb gone thru completely, fresh gas, compression checked - is ok, pump diaphram checked, coils checked ok and new plugs. Pumping the bulb makes no difference. I suspect that its a electrical component going out as this motor has always been a steady and reliable runner.

TMB

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander

would those wires be connected to the kill switch,kill switches go bad often,disconnect the kill switch and see if things get better,use choke to shut down

toomanyboots

Recruit

Mike,

The kill switch is incorperated into the remote controls. This doesn't have a tiller.
Thanks
TMB

Xcusme

Commander

I don't have a print of your wiring, but if memory serves, the Brown/Brown-Yellow is the output from the Charge Coil , under the flywheel. This output feeds the power pack with A/C voltage in the range of 150-200~ VAC. You should be able to test this voltage on the running motor. Meter set to read D/C voltage. Meter Red probe to powerhead, Black meter probe to Black/Yellow of kill button circuit. If I had a recent wiring print, I could be a bit more positive as to the meter hookup.