25 HP Goodyear Sea Bee

Re: 25 HP Goodyear Sea Bee

F_R or anyone else...btw thank you so much for the help!

I have a few more questions: (with pictures)

Is this a ground wire or a positive wire? There is a ground wire that goes to the chassis from the cables. This one hooks into the power cables as well as the ground that is already hooked up. Picture below:
Motor 014.jpg

This lever broke off from the person I got it from. It pulls on a linkage that has a spring that looks like it goes into the distributor (coils under the flywheel).
Motor 012.jpg

See linkage and spring below:
Motor 010.jpg

Motor 011.jpg

There seems to be some sort of clamp at the bottom of the powerhead. Where or what does this mean and/or lead to/used for?
Motor 018.jpg

I found one linkage that controls the timing and position of the coil pack under the fly-wheel...I am thinking it controls the choke for the motor, but what is the other (smaller control knob) for? See the picture below:
Motor 019.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys. I am still trying to find a manual that goes over everything! I appreciate it very much and would love to get this thing running soon. I picked up my coil from Napa today and hope to get it in soon.

J.T.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

going back a bit, Gale never made any motors with twin hose tanks, including yours. If you have a twin hose tank, it doesn't belong with this motor.
First picture: As far as I can tell, that is the wire that goes to the electric choke. (read on)
2nd picture: That was the gearshift lever. The flat bar and spring is an interlock to prevent shifting at high throttle settings and also to limit throttle advance in neutral
4th picture: The clamp holds the electric choke solenoid, which is missing. Also why the wire isn't connected
Last picture: Can't figure out what kind it is, but it must be the gearshift control cable. Supposed to be connected to the gearshift lever which is broken off in the 2nd picture. The cable on the other side of the motor is the throttle cable for controlling the speed.

How hard is it to find a solenoid for the electric choke? Since there is an electric choke that would mean that there is probably a remote choke lever or button by the starter switch huh? Is my motor worth diving into? Or should I part it out?

Edit: Nevermind on this post.

Would a solenoid like this: Ebay Auction Work?

Scratch that. I purchased one from Laings...Do you know where I might be able to find a replacement handle that broke? Or if some JB weld might suffice with that type of metal?

As far as the fuel line goes, your saying that I have a fuel pump instead of a pressurized system? And if that is true, which I see where the pump might be then do I need the bubble to prime the fuel?

You guys are life savers, and wallet savers too.

Thanks again...

J.T.

Is there a tiller handle that I can put on my Sea Bee? It looks like there is a mount for one, if you look at the first picture above.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Yes, you can install a tiller. It looks like all the associated throttle gears and stuff might be missing too.

Yes, you can install a tiller. It looks like all the associated throttle gears and stuff might be missing too.

Not sure I know what you mean...can you elaborate for me a bit?

Thanks F_R...

J.T.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The tiller handle has a twist grip throttle on the end. Between the twist grip and the end that bolts to the motor is a shaft and gear that allows tilting the handle upward. That is all part of the handle.

The part of the motor that the handle bolts to is called a steering bracket. There is another gear and shaft through the steering bracket, that gear meshing with the one in the handle. To the rear of this gear and shaft should be another gear, meshing with the verticle throttle shaft on the motor. I don't see any of that stuff in your picture.

Yeah. I looked at it tonight and I see what you mean. That's alright, I would rather have steering anyway...

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

If the verticle throttle shaft and gear with cable attachment pin are missing you will need that for either setup.