El Finito!

mtnrat

Chief Petty Officer
Well it took longer and cost more than I thought, but it is worth it in the end. New transom, stringers, floor, faired hull and epoxy coated and bottom painted. New paint above water line. Added swim platform and ski pylon. Many new fittings to replace old corroded ones and change from plastic to stainless steel.
I also refurbed the trailer by changing from rollers to bunks, installing a new axle, painting the fenders with 2 part polyerethane, and getting new white spoked wheels.

Dropping in Engine
P1030867.jpg

Engine Bay & Rewireing
P1030872.jpg

Added a Swim Platform made from Coosa Composite
P1030876.jpg

Done!!
P1030879.jpg

P1030882.jpg

Fired right up all electrics work incl trimtabs, marine radio and GPS-Sonar.
I also installed a ski pylon as the boat had one from the factory but it was removed when it had previous repairs. Just need to spit and polish and get it in the water tomorrow or Friday.

copeina

Cadet
Re: El Finito!

:) Looking good!

That's quite the engine under that hood!

/Kris

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Absolutely amazing job !!! You really have something to be proud of. Now, if I just convince you to come and help me finish mine. ;)

mtnrat

Chief Petty Officer

It just goes to show that even somebody who has never worked on a boat can do the job if they are persistent. iboats was an invaluable resource.

iwombat

Captain

Great Job.

But, finished? Clearly you're new to boat ownership :)

kmurray802

Seaman

Looks Great! Just make sure the wheel is straight before ya' trim dat' baby up.:eek:

lmannyr

Master Chief Petty Officer

Good point there. I would forget until it hit the platform everytime. Hey, NICE CLEAN transome.

ENJOY!!!

mtnrat

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, guys. Spit & polished today, on the water tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what if any difference using lighter materials and taking most of the hook out will make. I have done nothing new to the engine since last summer so I have good GPS and timing light tachometer data from last year to compare to.

mtnrat

Chief Petty Officer

Took it out today. Everything worked well. Ran an even 50 mph at 4500 rpm at 3000' elevation. That is an improvement of almost 6mph. That is more than I expected. :)

JimMachinery

Seaman Apprentice

Congrats! Really nice job. Thanks for posting pics, gives those of us in the head banging stages of refurbishment some glimmer of hope!

Enjoy.

drewpster

Commander

Congrats! Really nice job. Thanks for posting pics, gives those of us in the head banging stages of refurbishment some glimmer of hope!

Amen! to that. Boat looks great! I love to see the finish pics, it really helps out. I have almost two years into my project and I have not even been to the lake this season. :(

redfury

Commander

I'm into the 3rd year of owning my boat and I just got the cap off the boat ( of course, living in a trailer park and trying to do this kind of work doesn't go very fast...now I have a house and a yard to play with! ).

I can't wait until I get to the stage of hanging a motor on mine. You certainly learn a whole new set of skills when you rebuild a boat!

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Amen! to that. Boat looks great! I love to see the finish pics, it really helps out. I have almost two years into my project and I have not even been to the lake this season. :(

IF you can keep up the focus she's going be one stacked babe............;)

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

P1030879.jpg

See what you've done...... you embarssing your trailor......geesh......;)