Mercruiser reverse lock valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer1ga

Recruit
Hey guys,

Just joined fourm, have been reading and searching for several days to no avail I have a 1972 18' Tom Sawyer with 165 Mercruiser I/o type 1 drive. I have been working through several trim problems this year. I replaced all trim hoses inside and outside the boat. I removed cleaned and adj the pressure on the valve on bottom of the pump. I disassembled cleaned the trim pump. Now I have a leak from the reverse lock valve, I disasembled cleaned and have obvbiously got something wrong on the re-assembly of because I can trim up but not down. I started cracking lines from the pump and the pressure quit when I got to the exit from the rev lock valve to the actuators. the reverse lock valve is the type mounted on the transom plate. If some one could explain the position of the springs, balls and valve. Perhaps a diagram. By the way I have owned this boat for over 15 years And consider it on the continual rebuild program.

Thanks
Curtis

archer1ga

Recruit
Re: Mercruiser reverse lock valve

Ok, no response whatsoever, am I speaking the wrong language?

Anybody?

I posted here, because I was impressed with the intelligent dialogue.

Not even a hello or welcome ?

Thanks
Curtis

thrasher

Chief Petty Officer

Well HELLO and Welcome:D

I have never dismantled the trim pump so I can't help you with your problem, wait a day or two then bump it to the top by replying to the post. I am sure you will get an answer, but during the week it takes a bit longer before people can read the questions and reply (they have to work!!).

Gary

archer1ga

Recruit

Thanks Gary, I know sometimes my questions are beyond the normal. Nice to meet you. I work a strange 3 day 12hr rotating shift and forget some people live normal lives.

Curtis

sker crunch

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Archer, Have you got a OEM service manual?

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Give me your email will send diagram.

archer1ga

Recruit

Sker crunch

I have a verry old Merc sevice manual. Volume II c-90-71707 does not appear to have all images. and info. Kind of like flying by seat of pants on a lot of this stuff.

sker crunch

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I looked in my service manual #4 last night and it has some good pictures of disassembly and reassembly and then a section on adjustment. I copied them to a word file and can send them to you if you put your email up.

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

i've got an older one then that section 7a-31 complete hydraulic circuit, with cut away diagrams

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

frozen lake welcome aboard. FWIW you are better off starting your own new thread rather than reviving an almost 2 year old thread. ;);):)

Status
Not open for further replies.