Boat Identification

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,
Would appreciate some help identifying this boat, best I can find is a label that says "Trailorboat Engineering" out of SF, 1964, Johnson Sea Horse VX 10s, any help appreciated:)
sunaj

Attachments

• bOATS 002.jpg
    bOATS 002.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • bOATS 001.jpg
    bOATS 001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Boat Identification

Well looks like I have some electrical problems, and whether I have a pro fix it now or do it myself, I need to thoroughly learn the electrical system, wonder if any pro can reccomend a book on this subject, this is a simple straight forward system I am sure, but I need to learn how to troubleshoot electrical, I have basic electrical knoweladge and tools but don't quite understand the electrical system in its entirety, appreciate reccomendations on a good book

QuadManiac

Petty Officer 1st Class

The majority of the electrical system will be related to the motor, so I recommend you look for a manual for that outboard. Other than lights, etc., all onboard electrical will be a function of what the motor needs.

Good Luck.

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for that good advice, I did order what looks like two good books,

"Understanding Boat Batteries and Battery Charging"
"Understanding Boat Wiring"

so I guess I'll be searching for a manual now:)

sunaj

sunaj

Petty Officer 2nd Class

While I'm searching for a manual repair book for my 64 60 hp Johnson Sea Horse, I see a lot of repair manuals that include many types and models, this seems confusing and needless to purchase a repair manual with so many other models besides what I am trying to gain competency in, can anyone reccomend a book that zeroes in on my model? Thanks
sunaj