1984 Ranger 330V

FishArizona

Recruit
Hello!

I just got an 84 Ranger 330V. Just curious to see if you guys had any suggestions as to upkeep and things I should look out for/update...its a great boat, with a Johnson 115 on it; I want to make sure its dialed for future trips to Lake Powell...thanks!

Re: 1984 Ranger 330V

I have a an 82 330V and LOVE it. SOO much smoother than any other stratos, nitro, champion, or the like that I've been in...it is a heavy boat. BE VERY CAREFUL with the eyehook on the front. I just got done redoing mine, someone had fixed it with JB WELD and bondo and it was BAD. I cut all that out to the fiberglass and then got to looking and they had bondoed the keel......quick fixes stink when you want to fix them right. Anyways, redid the keel and the eyehook and all is well now...just alot of work...just make sure your crank is adjusted right and that your boat just sits on the roller...it shouldn't be able to bounce going down the road but it shouldn't have a whole lot of weight on that spot either...should just sit there nicely. great boat though...I have to redo clear coat also...but I have less than 1500 in it..got it cheap because they said the engine wouldn't run...fixed that...1970 1150. Enjoy it!!

J.T.

Cadet
Re: 1984 Ranger 330V

My dad bought one new in 83 and we fished out of that boat for a long time. I will tell you we had a 150 Evinrude on it and it would flat out run! Great boat, just normal maint. for 19 years without a major problem.