where to get gas outlet pipe for vro system 150gt

Ok i dont know exactly what this thing is called but its right ontop of the black vro unit, i know its an outlet, its gas and oil mixed and a plastic 90 degree angle held on by a metal ring and 2 star screws. well i was changing the rubber hose that goes onto the 90 degree angle and it broke off, now i have no idea where to get one, someone told me to superglue it buti dont thin thatll hold. this is on a 86 150gt btw.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: where to get gas outlet pipe for vro system 150gt

Part number 343163 available from any Johnson/Evinrude dealer. You have a replacement pump, so it doesn't show up as a separate item without doing a little research. I wouldn't trust the Super Glue idea either, but you could drill a hole in the top of it and smooth-out any sharp edges from the broken part, slide an appropriate size hose over it and adapt it from there with appropriate fittings. The hose would seal the old hole on the side and gas would pass through the new hole on the top. You'd be best getting the right part. I'm sure it'll have to be ordered.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

If you don't have a JohnnyRude dealer close, you can order that elbow from ishopmarine.com. Cost is $2.78, but freight will probably be more than that.

just to be sure before i order from ishopmarine, i've circled the part i need in red, just want to confirm that its the corresponding part number(343163)

vropicbo7.jpg

vrofittingbc9.jpg

so i ended up trying to order that part from ishopmarine, and i got a message that said Item [BMC-0343163] has been superseded with item [BMC-0345238]. i ordered it anyway and got the wrong part, this one has like 3 huge grooves on the end, i have no idea how a fuel line would even fit around it. I called local johnnyrude dealers and they're all telling me that i cant buy that piece seperatley and that i need to buy a whole new pump for $350.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The nipple is 345237, the O ring is 335230, the retainer plate is 343172 and the screws are 124943. Don't call it a "VRO" pump. It isn't. Parts guys hear that and quit listening. It's an updated pump so looking on a 1986 parts diagram won't help either.