Transom Finished!(Finally)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Finished the small odds and ends yesterday.
I didn't like the original aluminum trim around the top so i made my own.
Mounted the new swim steps,fish finder and transducers. New stripes down the sides. Its a big improvement over the way it looked...:D

I'm glad the big stuff is over.Still have a stereo,speakers and VHF radio to put in but i don't mind the job of adding new toys...:cool:

July07Boat002.jpg

July07Boat009.jpg

July07Boat001.jpg

July07Boat006.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Transom Finished!(Finally)

Looks great. I like that boat.

studlymandingo

Commander

How did the seacast do?

Looks great!

Have you splashed her yet???​

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you done a super job, she looks really good. send some pictures to the previous owner, i always do. answer studly's question, i'm curious too.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

How did the seacast do?

Looks great!

Have you splashed her yet???

Going to splash it tomorrow:D

The Seacast done great so far.When i tightened the engine bolts there was no give at all. The engine feels rock solid.

Thanks guys!

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

you done a super job, she looks really good. send some pictures to the previous owner, i always do. answer studly's question, i'm curious too.

Posting at the same time TD...lol

The previous owner emailed me the other day to see how it was going.
I sent him some pics this evening.

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

She looks great Gary! You did a heck of a job. It looks like a new boat. Have fun and be safe tomorrow.​

watermellonI

Petty Officer 1st Class

Inspiration For My Lack Of Motivation...

Sharp Lookin Boat!

tashasdaddy

Gary, please go back, and do a thread, documenting from start to finish, so we can use it for a reference. this is a great restoration. we don't have a good seacast reference.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Gary, please go back, and do a thread, documenting from start to finish, so we can use it for a reference. this is a great restoration. we don't have a good seacast reference.

Will do TD, I had some pics of the rotted transom but they got deleted off the camera by accident :mad:

I'll put a post together for it though...:D

Getting ready to head to the lake.....(after the morning coffee fix )

tashasdaddy

thanks, have fun. i know it's going to be good.

slvrwolf1

Seaman

You did a great job. I just did my transom also but it doesnt look all that great. I am new to fiberglassing and it need more work. It is solid tho. I would like to see a thread on seacast tho cause I have been thinking about redoing mine again :( end of boating season or beginning of next. like I said it is solid but tapping on it I was sure had it sealed to back skin good but it sounds like a few hollow spots that I dont like. Any idea how much seacast I would need for a transom 2ft by 5 ft?

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

slvrwlf1 - Go to transomrepair.com. They have instructions on how to measure the transom to determine how much seacast you will need. A 5 gallon bucket will fill 1000 cubic inches.​

John the landlubber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That boat looks fantastic mate, you'd never believe it's age. You should be proud of yourself.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

send some pictures to the previous owner, i always do.

I work with the father of my boat's previous owner. I kept him updated on my progress and even took him for a ride in it once completed. He told me his son doesn't want to hear about it anymore. Makes him upset. He bought the boat gutted on eBay for $500 and never got around to doing anything with it. I bought it from him for $200 ;)

Love your boat Gary. Best eBay purchase ever. And I'm sure your old boat's new owner is loving it as well.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for all the thumbs up guys!!

John the landlubber

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gary, my self drainer appears to have been glasses in. I know I can cut it out with a grinder, but would I have to reglass it from inside the boat or between the twin skins, or should I screw some ply from inside the boat to the transom, pour the seacast and somehow do the remedials once the transom is cast???

Medic2556

Cadet

Gary, after you finish the transom, can you later screw through it to put in a swim platform, or do you need to put those holes in first?