"Canadian Vacation" starring Mitt Romney

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
The family wagon was full of gear and family, so Dad puts the family dog in a travel carrier, affixes a shield to protect the canine from the wind, and ties it to the roof rack. Many miles down the road, one of the lads notices a brown liquid rolling down the rear window. Dad finds the nearest gas station and hoses down the dog, carrier, and car. The poor dog developed diarrhea from the stress of the ride and hours without a potty break.

The story was related to the Boston Globe and was intended as a human-interest aspect of Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's life experiences. But now PETA has some issues with Mitt, and the story is getting a bit more scrutiny than was intended. I tried accessing the Globe story, but you have to "join". So here's a story about the story...
article
PETA blog

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral
Re: "Canadian Vacation" starring Mitt Romney

What was he thinking? What a stupid and cruel thing to do.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Willy, you don't get out much, do you?

JRJ

Commander

Wish some of my neighbors would take their dogs for a ride on the roof without the cage.

If thats all they have on Mitt, then good for him.

treedancer

Commander

Here?s a link Willy, I didn?t have to join, hope it works for you. I like this part.

(The issue gained enough momentum that by the time Romney landed in Pittsburgh for a campaign stop Thursday, reporters were ready with questions.

Romney told them that Seamus liked his rooftop perch. "He scrambled up there every time we went on trips," Romney said. "
He got [up] all by himself and enjoyed it.")

Yea, he enjoyed it so much ha Sxxx all over the car.

Lets hear it again about Edwards $400 dollar haircut.
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2007/06/romneys_treatme.html

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I bought a new 1984 Ford F-150 (about one year after this "horrific rooftop incident") :D ,and I put a dog pen in the back. My dog went everywhere I went, or whined about not going. My current pair of dogs are no different, But they are small enough to fit inside the cab.
Some people have no clue. Some people have never taken a bird dog out in the woods and experianced them go on-point. Some city folks never take their dogs out of the kennel. I just chalk it up to rampant ignorance, or a sheltered, non-eventfull life.
I wonder how much a $400 haircut cost back in 1983? :D Y'all are a hoot.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Lots of dogs get sick when they ride in a car or truck, it called motion sickness.
Cats too.

I've seen plenty of dogs riding in kennels that are on or in trucks.

As long as they have wind/rain protection, and are not subjected to extreme heat, whats the big deal?

Don't you folks have any dog sledders, or coon or bear hunters in your neck of the woods?

treedancer

Commander

Quote 12footer

Some people have no clue. Some people have never taken a bird dog out in the woods and experianced them go on-point. Some city folks never take their dogs out of the kennel. I just chalk it up to rampant ignorance, or a sheltered, non-eventfull life.

Your sure not referring to me 12, I have been quail hunting many times with my late father with a setter named Easter. My dad never had a pickup; he had a station wagon same as Mr. Romney. Easter was in the wagon with us not strapped to the roof.

Here is another clip from a different website, looks to me like a kinda lame excuse.

<<The spokesperson then explained that Romney had the welfare of the dog in mind at all times and that he place him on the car roof, concerned that it was too hot in the car and the dog was not getting enough air.>>

Sure, not getting enough air, good thing they weren’t flying I guess.:eek:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I have no opinion on this. I just picture a diarrhea waterfall down the back of the family truckster and get a chuckle imagining the kids in the tailgunner seat getting grossed out. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Seems the dog was soooo happy he could just sheet..........................................and did.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

He should get along well with VP Cheney. He's kickin puppies on the White House lawn right now!!!!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I have no opinion on this. I just picture a diarrhea waterfall down the back of the family truckster and get a chuckle imagining the kids in the tailgunner seat getting grossed out. :D
Despite our differences I still enjoy Willy's posts. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sheeesh!

The lengths some people will go to find mud to sling.