85 evinrude 150 carb ???

mrd

Cadet
im rebuilding carbs. question is on the bottom (bowl) side with the bowl off there are two needle looking jets. 1. do i remove those to soak. 2. there are 2 silver plugs (one on each side) between the needles and the end do i remove those and replace with the plugs in the rebuild kit

thx for your help
mrd

mrd

Cadet
Re: 85 evinrude 150 carb ???

ok now i know i need to replace the plugs. can someone pls tell me how o get them out. HELP!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

they say drill a 1/8 inch hole and only go 1/16 thru it. then pry out. i use an ice pick and punch mine and pull them out. i then use a 1/4 drive extention to press the new one in.

iwombat

Captain

You CAREFULLY drill a hole in the center, once through stop drilling. Then, insert a small straight hunk of metal like a small punch and pop them out.

Edit: beat me to the punch - what tahsasdaddy said . . .

mrd

Cadet

thanks a lot TD and iwombat everything has been a breeze til i got to the plugs i havn't gotten the first one out yet. i'll keep at it.... thx again

mrd

Cadet

Hey I got it i got it could not have done it with out your help folks thx a mil

is it ok to soak the float bowls in carb cleaner im worried about the fuel line conector?? or should i just spray them

iwombat

Captain

If it were mine, i'd soak it for a couple of hours. I wouldn't leave that plastic bit in overnight though.

Others may have varying opinions.

Dennisanoka

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm a newbe but the last ting I would do is drill inside a carb to get those frost plugs out. I would't want little tiny bits of metal in my carb. I used a small punch. Punched a hole in the center and popped them out. But maybe this post it too late.

Dennisanoka

Petty Officer 1st Class

BTW using a punch was not my idea it came from a video posted here once on re-building carbs.