I fish a 'Seth Green' rig... Do U???

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Lets share methods-experiances!!! Rod- Shakespear [tidewater] & Penn [senator], Reels- Penn 309L... Line- Single straind stainless untill first bead chain then lead core on down between bead chains [10' between]... 32oz. on bottom... from lead up I run 3' high quality 20lb. test mono as a safety feature incase of a snag it breaks the mono before the 36lb leadcore hence saving my rig!!! I've done well but am intrested in hearing other set ups and how it works for U!!!

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: I fish a 'Seth Green' rig... Do U???

From what I understand it was developed here in the Finger Lakes and is quite popular... I'll run downriggers and 2 'meat sticks' off the back... most of the fish come on those 'Green' set ups!!! If there is anyone intrested in the how to and why I would be happy to help anyone out... My first post on the subject was vauge just an outline of the basic set up... If u haven't tried it and are serious about ur trout/salmon trolling add the Green rig to ur arsenol!!!:cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I sometimes use a Seth Green on Keuka lake. It is very effective,but without a Victrola box it is mostly a pain in the neck.

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

So ur hand lining instead of using a rod/reel set up??? I have fished this way... it can be tiresum no??? Have u read my original post???
:cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

No,I use a heavy duty Penn rod.the victrola box is just for the side lines.

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been pulling copper in the mornings here with great results!!! Are u fishing the Red Cross Derby this weekend rolmops??? :cool:

rolmops

Vice Admiral

No, I will be chasing tuna between Chatham and Stellwagen bank,east and north off Cape Cod.
I have a tuna license and I intend to fill at least one freezer.

bogggar1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

U lucky S.O.B.!!! I hope u have good weather and wish u the best of luck!!! Tell us how u made out when u get back but leave out the part about how great those steaks taste!!!:cool:

racingrobby

Recruit

Lets share methods-experiances!!! Rod- Shakespear [tidewater] & Penn [senator], Reels- Penn 309L... Line- Single straind stainless untill first bead chain then lead core on down between bead chains [10' between]... 32oz. on bottom... from lead up I run 3' high quality 20lb. test mono as a safety feature incase of a snag it breaks the mono before the 36lb leadcore hence saving my rig!!! I've done well but am intrested in hearing other set ups and how it works for U!!!

Im new to seth green rigging. And I would like to know the best way to do it. I started like a 5week ago ,and caught 5 laker. Now Ive been going out every weekend and not catching a thing??? I'm only using 3 leader a pole. Because the boat little small and go with my father-inlaw and he said that we just get big mess.(can't tell him a thing).. We both don't know what we are doing. I think now we are using 2lb lead.. We've tried lighter weight. Do we use flaser?? Oh we are fishing in Seneca lake NY . Any help would be Very helpful .. I need it broke down fro us ...... Thank u Rob.. mY email is real_rob_0022@yahoo.com