115 'rude "odd" acceleration

sprite115

Cadet
O.K. Now 1st off thanks again to "Tashasdaddy" and the others who helped my kids get on the lake the for their first time, YA'LL are Great!!!!
Now when I'm WOT it seems to loose RPM(?), i have to back it off a bit to
get them back up and also noticed today that while pumping primer bulb it did not get hard but still fuel ran out of front of motor, have new style fuel pump and rebuilt the carbs, new impellar, could there be a pin hole in the line/bulb..... when it was running on the muffs this morn it was popping mainly with throttle...
Also I have to move the throttle seems to be a long way before any Rpm change and when 'docking' the motor stalled while putting in reverse to slow down, therefore had to run and jump out onto Ramp to keep from colliding with the concrete (No dock){ wont be going back there} any help will once again be appreciated by our Family!!!!:confused::D

I will be installing a hydrofoil with tabs this week, hopefully will bring Bow down under acceleration and and get on plan quicker, does this also reduce the stain somewhat on the motor? :rolleyes:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 115 'rude "odd" acceleration

change the tilt angle of the motor before putting those horrible things on your motor, move pin in toward the transom 1 hole at a time. to far out throws bow up, and impeeds getting on plane. what do you mean new style fuel pump. carb running over sounds like float needle is stuck and not closing. or you have a leak in a hose or connection. you high speed problem is probably link n sinc, not enough spark for the fuel flow. did you ever determine what year it was?

tschamp20

Petty Officer 1st Class

i agree w/ TD. adjust the position of the motor where it locks down. move rod in one hole at a time. i had the same problem.

sprite115

Cadet

The fuel pump is a Johnson/Evinrude brand, a little taller than originalwith same inlets and outlets.. and i will move the pin and see if it makes a difference, as far as link and sink i will search these threads, thanks again for your help!!!!:redface:
also the dealership said it is a 1974 model, which makes some sense for the previous owners said motor was replaced in the 70's, while the hull is a 1973 model Sea Sprite....

sprite115

Cadet

Got around to inspecting carbs& noticed lower carb was missing a drain plug & the other one was falling out. So this probably has everything to do with my problems.:D I did find them & retorqued as well as noticed some fuel clamps were loose so I replaced with new nylon. I am also replacing primer bulb & connections because I heard hissing noise at the fuel connection to motor. As always thanks again I will let you know how it goes. :redface:

sprite115

Cadet

Thanks, sounds like it needs to be in the water to do this since it neede to be idling at high RPM's, ill see what i can do!!! it has been raining in North texas since we bought the rig maybe in between pour downs i can get this done...... Thanks again I really enjoy this website!!!!!:D