Yamaha (F-100D 4stroke) shift axle mistery

Samijsamij

Recruit
First i want apollogise for my English (I`m from Latvia):)
I will start from begining of my mistery story, - the lower unit corp was broken, so I bouhgt new corp, & decide to change them by myself :D
So far so good with unsettling, (nothing wasted) but when I try to put all back together and on result can`t get the forward gear. The all shift axle (part 59) moves forward and back and (i think (it`s seems that)) not properly stays in part 60 - http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard/parts/home.aspx -
This the axle must stays thither either I cant get in the forward shift (gear)
Any suggestions (except - buy all manual or go to my Yamaha dealer)
Is anybody ever has the same problem before?

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha (F-100D 4stroke) shift axle mistery

ok, I think what may be happening is you are not getting the splined shift shaft into it's hole in the end of the shaft coming down....if this is a regular length lower end then you whould be able to get the lower into position(tilt up all the way for easier handling)and before you push it in the last two inches, use the fingers of one hand to guide the shaft coming down OVER the shift shaft on lower unit(You can move the one coming down and not the one from lower unit). When it's lined up, wiggle unit on rest of way and put one bolt in just snug and try shift again...by the way, i don't have a clue what corp is...what is corp?

grid

Petty Officer 1st Class

Techie, I don't think he's as far as trying to get the gearcase on. Best as I can guess by his description--and the website numbers--the propshaft is having problems in the carrier...maybe the clutchdog? Maybe the swivel shiftrod? His English might be bad, but it beats the heck out of my Latvian!

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

Not sure what the corp is but if he means complete, then techie has him going down the right path. Notice that both the control unit and gearcase should be in neutral.

Samijsamij

Recruit

Thanks for reply!
I solve the problem
It was all about my bad eyes and dumb head
(the corp - I mean - the all lower unit body)
The clue was - I dont get out from old lower unit body all parts (tipical novice mech problem :) ) - and that part was behind gear-wheel deep inside the body, and other was that i changed (mixed) the rear with front gear-wheels
But anyway thanks for advice, and its quite nice that I found this forum - its quite useful