Decisions... desicions...

ASCTLC

Seaman
I'm just having a hell of a time deciding if I should go with a stainless 4 blade or stay with the alum 3 blade for my DF115. The boat (2004 Lund 17' Angler SS) is a heavy one and it sure could use the assistance of a 4 blade to get it to plane better at lower rpms. But all the waters I fish are pure rock.

I can find no 4 blade alum for this motor so I have to choose between performance or rock hit survivability (of the gear case).

Anyone share any thoughts on this about how you made your decision?

Thanks,
Andy

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Decisions... desicions...

There is a spacer avalible to use johnson/evinrude props on your DF115 if you need more choices. Johnson used them on there "repainted/stickered" 115 hp 4 stroke to allow the use of there own props. My parents run a DF115 on there 2003 adventure sport 1700 (max 125hp rating) and run a 21 pitch aluminum (same prop they ran on there old tyee 1750) and it runs out at 42-43mph gps.

ASCTLC

Seaman

Thanks! I'll check some of those props to see if there's a 4 blade alum avail that way.

Andy

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

How about stay with the 3 blade aluminum and get something like smart tabs.
They do an amazing job on a number of problems.better hole shot,Stay on plane at lower rpm,less bounding around even less wander at no wake speeds.