help!! help!! is it the water jaket on the head or is it the block

mrivela

Cadet
I have just recently boat a 16 foot thundercraft fiberglass boat with a 60 hp mariner on it it's a 3 cylinder model number as follows 7060412SD the guy i bought it from said it needs to have the water pump rebuilt and that he hasint ran it hot but relized it was not cooling properly and stop using the boat so i rebuilt the water pump got it working peeing like a race horse now but for some reason i'm getting water coming out of or around the spark plug on the top cyl i've benn told it was a cracked block but i haveing ran it hot and the guy i got it from has never ran it hot so i dont no.
Then i tryed changing the mainfold gasgets and inspected the cylinder walls and did not c any cracks or anything it just looked like it was dumping water from the cooling system into the cylinders. If it was a cracked block u would think the motor would not run very good and have no power but it runs and idles good and i can get her to plain out does this motor have a water jaket on the head that might need a new gasket or something or am i out 2000 bucks cuz the motor is junk? block is cracked. but the only place it can get water from is the cooling system and when i pulled the exsost manifold off i didn't see any way for water to get threw except the gaskets letting go but like i said i changed thouse and threw it back togeyther and still getting water out the top cylinder well it looks like its coming threw from the cylinder i pulled the plugs on all 3 cylkinders and found the top and the bottom plugs were fine but when i pulled the middle one it look like it had like mayonase on it a little bit of whit film that i wiped off.

Any help would be apreciated i'm so fustrated at this point that if it needs a new motor after evwerything i've done then i guess i wont ever have a boat to fish with.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: help!! help!! is it the water jaket on the head or is it the block

I don't care what he said, it got hot. That's why the water jacket gasket is leaking, a classic symptom of an overheat. Hopefully that's the only damage. The white on the middle sparkplug does not leave me optomistic. What you think is a head is just a water jacket cover. It has no head. The top of the cylinder is part of the block casting. Good luck.

mrivela

Cadet
Re: help!! help!! is it the water jaket on the head or is it the block

yeah i think he may have run it hot and is lieing witch is bull crap it makes me want to drop the thing off on his fron stairs and tell him to keep it he is a good friend of mine i've none a while and was nice enough to let me make payments on it the best part is that i haveint givin him a dollar yet but did sighn a bill of sale so that i could regester it so i'm kind of screwed if it is junk not sure what to do thanks for the input i'll try changing the gasket on the cover and see what happens.