Homemade portable Livewell

Bobobob

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey, not sure how many of you use livewells but I made one of my own I can swap from boat to boat. I am entering a Pickeral derby this weekend and needed a livewell so I did what I could with what I had. Check it out I made a little video of it. tell me what ya think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBl28dfuOfU

P.S. Don't worry this isn't one of those ploys to get people to view something stupid on youtube, it is actually a video of my livewell with a list of parts I used.

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Homemade portable Livewell

Looks good. I've seen a lot of them built into coolers, too. Now, if I just had room in my little boat....I guess I'll just keep catchin' and releasin'. ;)

Bobobob

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah I have seen a few in coolers too but I didn't have the heart to cut holes in a $60.00 Cooler, a $20.00 storage container from Wal Mart suits me just fine. ;)

mobyjaws

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice. Watch out for excessive heat on sunny summer days. Make sure a bait can't clog the intake or it will burn up the pump. I learned these things the hard way. Good fishin'. MJ

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

awesome!

When I needed some insulation for my bait tank, I didn't want to spend the money or deal with a bulky water heater blanket, so I went to wal mart and got (don't laugh) an 'emergency blanket' - 99? on the camping aisle - a queen-sized sheet of mylar, which I covered completely with clear packing tape. maintains a steady 75? water temp most of the day on 98? days

baittank.jpg

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice idea, I may have to make that but make it a bit more permanent not completly, but were I hook it up and it will pump the water to it and drain it out afterwords. I have some work to go before I can think about these things. LOL