i thought is had seen almost everything.

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: i thought is had seen almost everything.

Note the prop is removed.

How safe can this be????

Bindernut

Seaman

I've driven trucks with "sled-bed"s (for snowmobiles) that mount on top of the box and never liked the top-heavy feeling...especially in a crosswind. How do ya think that would work in a crosswind with a 16" hull sticking up in the wind?

I think I'd stick with pulling the boat behind the camper...and that can be dicey too on a windy day.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

That would have to be a skinny trailer to fit in the bed..:rolleyes:
That looks retarded....

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well, there are always these two, which appear on the redneck scrap book in the Neals Nuze section of the Neal Boortz site.
redneck_pics_hauling5.jpg

redneck_pics_hauling14.jpg

Pony

Rear Admiral

Everywhere I tow my boat, I usually drive through some sort of heavily wooded area. I doubt I could even make it out of my driveway with the trailer tongue up that high.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

BB 1, i had seen those pics before, but not that it was a real product. and anyone would really buy it.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I can remember one summer when we went to granny's lake house. We were into motorcycles then and had to drive two tow vehicles to the lake to bring all the toys. This probably would have helped.

Mark

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Seems there would be too much load on the tie down straps:confused:

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

No doubt it could be secured - and where you have a monstor motorhome behind or in front of the truck/boat, clearance wouldn't be much of an issue. Course in our great state you'd just tow 'em one behind the other. Or you could get a hitch for the front of your truck........no greater challenge than doing 70 down the interstate pulling a travel trailer & pushing your boat............

jlinder

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like a great launcher. Make a sudden stop and see how much air time you can get.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner

Should be fun when a semi with two trailers passes you, especially if going the other way

Turin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks handy.
But aint it cheeper to buy an extra car only for towing the boat.
In surance of this thing wont come cheep I guese.

puddle jumper

Captain

Funny thing is thats how i brought my first boat and trailer home . I couldnt afford plates for the trailer.Ya i got lots of looks.

jrampey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've been studying how to get a jetski and pontoon boat to the lake in one trip... maybe this would work. Anyone know of another way to carry a jetski to the lake in the bed of your truck and launch and recover it?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

google custom trailers, custom jet ski trailers. the make a numerous combinations, for boats and jet ski combos. there on where the ski's are on a hydrolic traveler, and they raise above the boat. boat in front ski in back ski cross wise, boat in back.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

I've been studying how to get a jetski and pontoon boat to the lake in one trip... maybe this would work. Anyone know of another way to carry a jetski to the lake in the bed of your truck and launch and recover it?
Get a trailer that is longer than the toon. Put bunks behind toon for jet ski. Back in far enough to float jet ski off. then back in more. back toon off. Could even fit two skis on the back.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Get a trailer that is longer than the toon. Put bunks behind toon for jet ski. Back in far enough to float jet ski off. then back in more. back toon off. Could even fit two skis on the back.

I am always leary of having anything but a little bit of bunk extend past the boat. Unloading and letting stuff float off is one thing, but getting stuff back on is another. If its windy and the conditions aren't ideal, then you risk damaging the toon or the trailer that you have extended. At least the way I picture what you are reffering to.....maybe I am not seeing it the same way. I think the skis would have to be in the front to work best. JMHO

studlymandingo

Commander
My truck...My friend

My truck...My friend

I think I would prefer to have the boat behind me instead of in the bed of my pickup. I love my truck!​

ricksrster

Commander

The boat and the truck need to get a room!