Install new trim guage

lakemeadrat

Cadet
I'm trying to find the wire from the trim switch of a '07 90hp merc 4stroke that comes out of the harness under the cockpit of a '07 Suntracker. The wire from the switch is blk/wht but disappears to never-never land from there and no similar found under cockpit???

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Install new trim guage

The trim wire will be a Brown/White Stripe under the dash. How do you like the new engine??

lakemeadrat

Cadet

Of course, why would they want to waste any more blk/wht wire!! Thanks for the help, I don't think the boys at Bass Pro Shops have ever wired in a tilt guage?? ( or maybe they don't want to reveal the secret ) After @ 6 hrs, I love the motor, especially the mileage. My last one was a '97 150 Johnson 2 stroke that went thru 50 gals pretty quick. Of course it was a bigger pontoon, also. This new one, 21 ft, seems to sit the motor pretty low in the water at low speeds causing me to keep working the tilt to keep the cooling water eject above the water line but it just might be a case of getting used to something new and different Thanks again for the help.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I just got a new toon with the same motor. I really like it, even though I've always been the OMC type. Lots of power for a 90 horse though. I just put a trim gauge on mine too. Got rid of the voltmeter since I have one on the fishfinder and smartcraft gauge anyway. The only thing I'm disappointed about regarding the smartcraft gauge is the fact that is does not give water pressure on the 90 HP 4-stroke engines. I get engine temp and oil pressure which is a plus. But I'm thinking of adding a water pressure gauge next...

lakemeadrat

Cadet

I've got "Teleflex" guages with the water pressure but I think I would have preferred a temp instead. They did'nt poke a hole in the fitting on the motor so the guage didn't work until I called for the solution and fixed it myself.
By the way, no brn/wht wire, anything come to mind? I got under there for awhile with my test lite while the grandson hit the switch but nothing lit up. I don't know why they didn't tie it in to the up/down wiring. Thought I'd call Bass Pro one more time tomorrow.

lakemeadrat

Cadet

Thanks again, I've been in the Merc site and never saw that. I'm thinking that I'll be running my own wire!!