Suzuki DT150 service schedule

oscarclimber

Cadet
I purchased a new DT150 EFI in 2003. Dealer never had an owners manual and kept promising to get one from Suzuki. Well time went by and the dealer closed up shop and that was that.

I know there was the double oil for the first 20 hours, and the lower unit oil change. But I have no clue what else is required and when. From what I have heard it is next to impossible to deal directly with Suzuki USA - and probably worse yet since the motor is out of production.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx

lnghrn

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DT150 service schedule

I just happen to have my owner's manual out (ordered it from the dealership after mine disappeared from under the center console).

After the break in period, everything except the water hose, oil filter, ignition and timing, idle speed, water pump and water pump impeller needs to be Inspected; the Gear Oil needs to be replaced, the Prop nut needs to be inspected, and the misc. nuts and bolts need to be tightened at 6 months.

Every 12 months, everything needs to be inspected, the following needs to be replaced: Spark plugs, Gear oil, Oil filter, Impeller. Again, nuts and bolts should be tightened.

oscarclimber

Cadet

Thanks - I appreciate the info. Where on earth is the oil filter?

I have a couple of other questions but I will post those in seperate posts.

Thanks again.

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

There are no side covers on a 2-stroke. The oil filter is a small, flat, white object in the line between the oil tank and the oil pump. It has 2 wires coming from it and is located on the starboard side under the control cables.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

that's not an oil filter, it's a sensor, hence the fact it has 2 wires ........