HELP boating fever here !

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was at the local marina last weekend and saw a boat exactly like mine. The chap took delivery 2 weeks ago and purchased it in late APRIL at the same dealer that I did with NO delivery date on his contract.

The thing is I ordered me boat in MARCH with MAY 15th as a deadline and still no boat in me driveway? Same boat except that he had a wake tower installed on it.

After visiting the dealer , there answer was...*We dont know right now sir so phone us at the end of next week and we will have a better Idea*
By the way this was the sales director's answer.

Maby it's just me, or is this a reason to have boating fever here ?

oh and the chap that was showing off forgot to fuel his new boat and stalled on the lake that same day...

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: HELP boating fever here !

Maby it's just me, or is this a reason to have boating fever here ?
Well I am not sure about a fever, but I would open up a can of whoopass . . . I think they sold him your boat as your were already hooked.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

the made more money on his than they did yours, by adding the accessories.

jeeperman

Lieutenant Commander

If I were you, I would not wait until "end of next week" as that puts it at what, four days before contracted due date?

I would pay the sales director a visit in person and ask to see the paperwork for your boat. Specifically the paperwork where the dealer has placed the order with the factory. And read where the factory has indicated a delivery date.

If the dates don't jive with when you ordered it, raise cain.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Today I went back to the dealer to have a chat with the sales director since the guy who sold me the boat no longer works there ?
After viewing the paper work he said that there is no chance for delivery before MAY 15th... maby the week after...

Now there is no way that Im going to back out of the deal here, were talking 4k less than the other 3 dealers we visited. But I still can't leave it at that ?
So I demanded some sort of arrangement coming from his behalf before deadline... His response " I will call you back next week "

by the way it's been over 80?F for the last 2 days here way up north...

tashasdaddy

did you ask him how he delivered the other boat that was contracted after yours?

bucky7680

Petty Officer 1st Class

What brand of boat is it? I ordered a Regal at the Jan boat show. I was told delivery in 8 - 10 weeks. In March I was told it would ship from the factory in Orlando May 3. I called the dealer in April becase my loan lock was about to expire. He told me that the ship date is now May 25. I called Regal directly to see what the hold up was. They were really responsive to my concern and told me that my dealer did not place my order until March. At that time he ordered 4 boats like mine. I guess he waited untill he had orders for a truck load. They also told me that because of the holiday my boat won't leave the factory until May 29. Lets see, 1 week travel time + 1 week to build trailer + 1 week to prep the boat = June 18. I leave on vacation June 16. Hopefully I'll be on the water July 4.

I'm lucky though, I don't have boat fever. When it comes it comes. I got a great deal on it because of all the stuff I learned from the guys at iboats.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

did you ask him how he delivered the other boat that was contracted after yours?

Forgot to tell you guys that my boat comes with the V8.The other Chap had a V6. He told me that I was the only one so far with that upgrade...Thus explains the hold up ?

bucky7680

Petty Officer 1st Class

His may have been ordered by the dealer before yours on spec.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I guess he waited untill he had orders for a truck load. They also told me that because of the holiday my boat won't leave the factory until May 29. Lets see, 1 week travel time + 1 week to build trailer + 1 week to prep the boat = June 18. I leave on vacation June 16. Hopefully I'll be on the water July 4
YES they wait to have a truck load of sales before passing orders.

I purchased a DORAL 200 sunquest bowrider. Seems that delays are frequent in this matter...But luckly for me DORAL boats arrive at the dealer already preped. They just need a day to inspect it , test the engine and make the boat SHINE !

I considered REGAL boat's alot. They have the most attractive hull design !

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"Now there is no way that Im going to back out of the deal here, were talki..."

Wrong answer.
Demand refund and cancel order.

Deadline is a deadline.

I've done this with autos, because I refuse to let the dealerships push me around. MY car was sitting on the lot once, a week before delivery, under contract including vin, , and they sold it to another buyer, then tried telling me that my car was delayed by 8 weeks.

Let them jerk you around if you want, or walk away and preserve some dignity.

tashasdaddy

sometimes, you just can't afford the price of Diginty.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

"Now there is no way that Im going to back out of the deal here, were talki..."

Wrong answer.
Demand refund and cancel order.

Deadline is a deadline.

I've done this with autos, because I refuse to let the dealerships push me around. MY car was sitting on the lot once, a week before delivery, under contract including vin, , and they sold it to another buyer, then tried telling me that my car was delayed by 8 weeks.

Let them jerk you around if you want, or walk away and preserve some dignity.

Step 1: Find Sharp Object
Step 2: Find protrusion on front of face, typically called a nose
Step 3: Proceed to remove protusion with sharp object

(Typically referred to as cutting your nose off to spite your face) :D

bucky7680

Petty Officer 1st Class

You'll forget all about this once you're out on your new boat. Just keep putting money away for gas.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm sorry, I guess I live my life by certain principles, and would rather stick to them and respect myself, rather than give in to jerks telling bald faced lies.

Too bad that nose thing doesn't really work, I could stand to lose mine.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

I'm sorry, I guess I live my life by certain principles, and would rather stick to them and respect myself, rather than give in to jerks telling bald faced lies.

Too bad that nose thing doesn't really work, I could stand to lose mine.

Well I've made a complete arse out of myself a few times because of pride, so I typically try to be a little more forgiving, albeit I usually get something good out of the situation. Something free thrown in (i.e. some free maintenance or something) usually.

Maps

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Update

Update

MAY 24 still no boat in my drive way...

What surpasses me is that they received it on MAY 16 with the wrong color CR#@*^ !!! The gel coat was correct but not the interior.

Today they were switching the interiors with a demo in the show room LOL !

They said that she will be ready this saturday at 9h30 AM

CHEERS !

Aquaman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Couldn't agree with you more!

rogerwa

Commander

I certainly wouldn't be looking forward to my first warranty service..

studlymandingo

Commander

Did you take delivery of the boat this morning???

Hopefully they threw in some freebies to make up for some of the @$$ pains they gave you!!!

We are going to want some pictures of course!​