Who is your favorite candidate for the '08 elections?

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Who is your favorite candidate for the '08 elections?

Condi Rice for President,+ Collin Powell for VP...........;)

I would vote the same except with Powell for president. Unfortunately, it could never happen.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Right now the only one with a vision and ideals is Al Gore and he is not on the list.

The only vision Al Gore sees is his vision up on TV.

And let me tell you...that vision is getting bigger by the day...is that guy getting fat or what? Doesn't he realize eating all those burgers is promoting global warming?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Too soon. I'm not even considering anyone until there are only two left debating each other. Wasting energy on candidates right now is like working up the list of stuff you will buy when you win the lottery.

What he said

EDIT by Eric:

If they want my vote, put a cap on Credit Card interest rates, that would help them a ton. I'm tired of hearing about record profits from oil companies and ol Hillary wanting to take to profits from them. Banks are making record profits as well, but I bet she won't touch that one.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Agreed it's too soon to tell. Used to lean toward McCain and may still, but I think he's displaying a stubbornness recently that will translate into "I'm never wrong, and I'll never reverse my position" when promoted to president. I think that's a dangerous attitude given this county's current postition in the world.

As for Rudy, I'm suprised by some of the comments toward him. I am a big Rudy fan and 911 is only a small part of the reason for it. I lived in New York, (very near the city, but not in it) when Rudy was elected mayor. I saw that city make an about face like this country has never seen, and for those that don't know, that was no small task. He was directly responsible for it and I think he surprised everybody with his uncanny effectiveness. I think he would have his challenges as president, but he's one of the front runners in my opinion.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"If they want my vote, put a cap on Credit Card interest rates, that would help them a ton. I'm tired of hearing about record profits from oil companies and ol Hillary wanting to take to profits from them. Banks are making record profits as well, but I bet she won't touch that one."

How un-conservative and un-capitalist to suggest such a thing... A cap on how much profit privately held companies can make.. >gasp<.. Are you sure you are'nt a closet liberal, Eric?... :p

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

"If they want my vote, put a cap on Credit Card interest rates, that would help them a ton. I'm tired of hearing about record profits from oil companies and ol Hillary wanting to take to profits from them. Banks are making record profits as well, but I bet she won't touch that one."

How un-conservative and un-capitalist to suggest such a thing... A cap on how much profit privately held companies can make.. >gasp<.. Are you sure you are'nt a closet liberal, Eric?... :p

That just hurts...real bad... I see that word next to my name...PLEASE make it stop!!:redface:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

NO!... :p... lmao

But i'll post a hottie for ya to peek at here momentarily...:D That should help ease the suffering a tad..:D

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

NO!... :p... lmao

But i'll post a hottie for ya to peek at here momentarily...:D That should help ease the suffering a tad..:D

Thanks!! That post did help me!!!:)

treedancer

Commander

Haven?t made my mind up yet, but I think Rudy?s kinda cute.:D

237663080_c4d21b1fc7_o.jpg

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I'm thinkin' Eric is referring more to how they are making this money than the fact that they are making money. Predatory business practices such as moving due dates and writing their policy in such a manner that even lawyers can't understand what it all means, in addition to the interest rates and late/overcharge fees. That is why I no longer use credit cards.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

As of now, Fred Thompson. I like what he writes, and he doesn't appear to have made running for President his entire life.

Jinx

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Have you checked out Thompson body of work and experience. He is quite a man. Lawyer, Actor, Politician, and I think an author. I would take a hard look at him if I knew he was going to run. But I think when the rubber hits the road, he has better things to do with his life than babysit a bunch of children with their hands out and their mouths running over.

I think anyone who runs for this job should have their head or motivations examined.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

Is my vote even going to count?:eek:
I have a funny feeling ole GW is going to be in office longer than we would like if the electronic voting machines are still in play.
Anybody know the course of action if there is a scandal and the presidency goes to the court system because of the machines?:(
/me takes off tinhat now

burroak

Is my vote even going to count?:eek:
I have a funny feeling ole GW is going to be in office longer than we would like if the electronic voting machines are still in play.
Anybody know the course of action if there is a scandal and the presidency goes to the court system because of the machines?:(
/me takes off tinhat now

The twenty-second amendment of the Constitution says you're wrong about "ole GW".:D

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

The twenty-second amendment of the Constitution says you're wrong about "ole GW".:D

So, let's say for kicks and giggles that their is a major scandal with the Diebolds and no one can clearly be president....Who takes over?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Mr **** Cheney? :)

burroak

So, let's say for kicks and giggles that their is a major scandal with the Diebolds and no one can clearly be president....Who takes over?

Do you lose sleep over stuff like that?

One word, Ambien.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

Do you lose sleep over stuff like that?

One word, Ambien.

Lose sleep over it? Naw...:D but I am not naive enough to think that these things can't happen.
Ambien...???? I am trying to limit my intake of all the FDA approved poisons that are supposedly "OK" for us...

ArtB

Seaman Apprentice

Sanjaya - oops, he isn't old enough is he?

PW2

Commander

Hillary--For no other reason than my brother, and a goodly share of the people on this board, would be apoplectic. The entertainment value of her victory would be priceless!