Does Boat Bunker Work ?

cbird

Recruit
I found an ad in a boating magazine for a product called Boat Bunkers. The product claims too keep the bottom of your boat clean without having to paint the bottom. My boat is kept in salt water. Has anyone owned this product and does it work. The product can be viewed at boatbunkers.com
Thanks
cbird

Last edited by a moderator:

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Does Boat Bunker Work ?

A big WELCOME Mr. Bird - Not only have I not owned one but I have never seen one. I have been boating in south Florida including the Keys for over three decades and if the product is as good as they say I would expect to have seen them all over due to the heavy barnacle growth in many locatio0ns.

studlymandingo

Commander

Never seen one either. It seems like it may be a bit more trouble than it's worth.

What are the prices? Seems as if it would only last a couple of seasons. I guess I would need to see one that has been used successfully for a few years to be sold on the idea.​

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Looks suspiciously like thinly but cleverly disguised SPAM to me, cbird. I have edited the link into a referral, as links to commercial sites are not allowed.

tashasdaddy

i hve seen the site before, looks like a PIA, if you use the chemical, you are poluting the water everytime you launch, can't imagine what the water inside will look like after a week of being sealed. a swimming pool without a pump. green slimey.

the 1st time the prop catches it, it's shot.

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer

I dont see how its gonna help. youre still floating in the same water so the small marine life will get through and still get on the boat hull. Sounds more like a snake oil medicine. the claims they make are pretty outrageous

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Sure looks like SPAM to me!

spam.gif

tashasdaddy

they don't advertise the price. my guess, for the overall cost, it would be a good down payment for a lift.

barryg

Recruit

I live in S. Fla, and saw the Boat Bunker about a year and a half ago at one of the boat shows. Thought it sounded like a great idea, and bought one for my 26' Doral I/O, as it wasn't bottom painted and I wanted to keep it in the water at my dock. Left it in for about 7 months before pulling it out, and except for a little dirt film, there was no growth and the bottom was easily cleaned and the gelcoat was like new. Just sold that boat and will get a larger boat bunker for the larger boat I am buying so the bottom won't have to be repainted for a long time. For me it was definitely worth it.

studlymandingo

Commander

cbird Posts=1
barryg Posts =1

Hmmm... BarryG do you by chance know Cbird?

Spam farts are most unpleasant!!!​

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

How do you keep all the barnicales and scum of the outside of the boat bunker ?

mattttt25

Commander

spam or not, interesting concept. but agree, unless the marina prohibits lifts, might as well go with one before the inflatable swimming pool.

cbird

Recruit

Thank you for some useful info. Unfortunately some people on this site are just paranoid people with too much time on thier hand so they make comments that discourage good answers. I appreciate you not being swayed and actually answering my question. Again, Thank you
cbird