A Mercruiser Alpha WILL bolt right up into the Cobra hole!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Read this in another thread. Is it true. If so it puts my mind at ease (a little any how) about a 93 Lowe I take care of thats currently rigged with a HO 3 liter OMC and Cobra OD.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: A Mercruiser Alpha WILL bolt right up into the Cobra hole!

The cutout in the transom for a Merc Alpha and Bravo, OMC Cobra, and Volvo SX style drives are the same.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Yeah.....it's pretty cool.... and it's not just the cutout.....The bolt pattern is the same too!

And if you want to bolt in a Bravo (Like I'm doing as we speak) you only need to drill 2 additional holes and it'll bolt right up too!!

Life is pretty good (unless you actually go out and buy a 460 powered King Cobra!) Then it's good after you bolt in the Bravo!

Don,

you know the weather at Ocean Shores is going to be about the same as KTN without the snow don't you?

Cheers,

Rick

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don,

you know the weather at Ocean Shores is going to be about the same as KTN without the snow don't you?

No it's not Rick, trust me. Our real estate lady in OS said the same thing. She said OS has about 60 to 80 inches of rain a year. We have 160 to 180 in per year here. Plus I have been watching it lately, and there is about a 10? difference in temp. OS is warmer :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Thanks for the responses guys. Now I'll keep my eyes open for a donor boat JIC. Thinking of upgrading to the V-6 if/when the time comes. :D:D

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Now I'll keep my eyes open for a donor boat JIC. Thinking of upgrading to the V-6 if/when the time comes. :D:D

Upgrading to the V6 is a whole nother can of worms. The engine mount on the 3.0 is at the front, while the V6 mounts are on the sides. It is possible, but will require a good bit if work.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner

Yeah....it's only about 8 degrees further north LAT in KTN I guess....

I haven't been up there in several years......

It rains more at OC than it does here in the Puget Sound. (seems like it rains all the time here!!......Of course I moved here from AZ and orig from Ca....any rain is too much rain for me!)

OC is usually warmer than here too!

You'll love it there......Is it a retirement move?

No it's not Rick, trust me. Our real estate lady in OS said the same thing. She said OS has about 60 to 80 inches of rain a year. We have 160 to 180 in per year here. Plus I have been watching it lately, and there is about a 10? difference in temp. OS is warmer :D