How does a Honda R12X compare

Skidooosl

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I currently have a 97 Sea Doo XP and have been looking at a honda R12x for an upgradde... has anyone ever rode both? how does the honda compare to the new GP1300r's and RXP's? I have alway had great luck with the quality of Honda's outboards and would expect the jetskis to be the same.

If you had a choice between a R12X, RXP or GP1300R what would you go with

BTW... I can get the R12x new out the door for about $7000 the GP for $9300 and a bit more for the RXP... Honda price looks pretty nice

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How does a Honda R12X compare

I will say this - there is a reason they are trying to give them away,, look at the yamaha vx line of skies or the kawasaki stx line or the sea doo 4 stroke non supercharged skies ,, my opinion stay away from honda skies,, I ride 3 days a week and get a lot of info from a lot of riders, I have driven both the turbo and non turbo hondas,, I think they need to fire the people who designed those and go back to the drawing board.. just my opinion.

Skidooosl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

what about the Honda makes you feel that way? is it hull design? Do you feel the handling of the RXP or GP is better than on the Honda?

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

I don't like the lack of response in the steering ,all the hondas I drove were the same, don't like the hull stability or lack there of. there are some issues with the fuel injectors that seem to be pretty common, and it's a pretty wet ride, plus they are not a fast ski, even the turbo models get spanked pretty easily and those are having corrosion issues in salt water, plus when the mechanics who work for the dealerships that sell them tell you to avoid them and complain about honda giving customers the run around on fixing some of the common problems, that pretty well kills those in my mind. But that's just me it's your money and you need to make your own decision, but check the other makes like I said the prices are not that different and the complaints are a lot less common, I personally would not get a sea doo supercharged model either.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

i personally see Honda done by next year in the pwc market
last year they had over 255 dealers, this year 45

Skidooosl

Petty Officer 3rd Class

anyone know where I Can find info on honda's market share? google did not turn up to much. I have ridden an 02 F12x and liked the feel... I really don?t want to end up with something like a Tiger Shark or Polaris where the company folds its PWC line after I buy one.

I like the RXP but I do not have much faith in the reliability of sea doo's (and I own one...)

I love Yamaha's... the GP1300R would be my next choice I just feel its time to make the jump to 4 stroke

and although I have never rode anything newer than a 96 XI SS I really don?t want a Kawasaki unless its a standup (sorry... not based on much real info... just don?t want one)