Dems refuse to go on Fox

oddjob

Commander
Re: Dems refuse to go on Fox

This really doesnt come as a shock. I was surprised to hear they had made the plans to begin with.............fair and balanced!....what were they thinking.

Yeah RolmopS..... us conservatives can come here to this family forum and wizz all over the tripe your liberal media spews daily. If you cant stomach it here then you can tune out as I do your media. Freedom sucks if your a lib...dont it?

Thanks to AM radio, the web, and FOX NEWS is sucks to be a lib.

Dittos to PW

treedancer

Commander

Quote bjcsc

Clinton manipulated the numbers and just put the debt in different columns - but it was still there. I know you like links to information in order to believe it is valid, so here's a link to the 2006 Federal Budget (and since it's obvious you have never read one - they all contain historical information). Here's a clip from it, during the Clinton "surplus" years. Do you see any negative debt numbers during his presidency? Good lord, man, wake up!! I can tell from your posts that you are extremely intelligent and I just can't believe you fall for this stuff, esp. when the real data is so easy to get...

Kinda looks like you got me on this one bjcsc, sure was a surprise to find that there was $23 billion hidden in something called "emergency spending?, them damn sneaky Democrats trying to hide 23 big ones on us like that. According to the balanced budget act of 1997the only way that the President or Congress could get around the act was using the term "emergency spending? and wouldn?t you know slick Willy would be the first one to the trough.

Lets see according to this CNN article on the federal budget surplus for the year 2000 amounted to at least $230 billion, making it the largest in U.S. history, and topping last year's record surplus of $122.7 billion. Now lets do some math, Hhmm looks like that only leaves us with only a $207 Billion, surplus guess they should have raised the taxes.

Now lets look at the year 2006, deficit exceeding $400 billion this year. Wow that sure hurts doesn?t it?:(

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/09/27/clinton.surplus/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58762-2004May26.html

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Treedancer: No it doesn't hurt - I'm not a republican. I'm frustrated with the system entirely. Did you even read the CNN article you linked to? The article is reporting what President Clinton and Al Gore told them. What would you have expected them to say? You certainly have the right to view it anyway you want to, but the facts are that if there was a surplus in 2000, the debt would have gone down in the numbers reported for 2001. It didn't - plain and simple. Same story for every year a "surplus" was claimed. Take a look at the actual 2000 budget and you'll see how they did it. A lot it of hinged on "pending social security reforms" and what not. To me, debt is debt. If you put off payments, the amounts you put off are not surplus - the debt is still there. We just view it differently...

treedancer

Commander

Quote bjcsc

Take a look at the actual 2000 budget and you'll see how they did it. A lot of hinged on "pending social security reforms" and what not. To me, debt is debt. If you put off payments, the amounts you put off are not surplus - the debt is still there. We just view it differently...

Man I just got finished with my taxes and you think im going too wade into that?:eek: The point I was making is that if there was some pigeon holing, it would not have been enough to make a deficit look like a surplus, especially with both House and Senate made up of a different political party as the President.

Skinnywater

Commander

I'm going to take a stab at this skinny:

Guest Worker: Show me a Dem who isn't on board with it. I can show you some republicans that aren't.

Medicare: Dems want Natioanl health care and pay for it by raising taxes

Redistribution of taxpayer money: Sounds like a social program to me, the libs must love it

Raising of National debt: All time tax revenue and stock market highs

Tax increase: Seems the President has tax CUTS, the dems wish to raise taxes.

I am not one to be long winded, I try to get to the point.

Am I close in my reasoning of your statement?

If your reasoning is two wrongs must make it right, or, it's alright since they do it to, or, it's OK to raise the national debt as long as the stock market is fine, or, the prez tossed me a crumb today and who cares about tomorrow, or they did it first so it's must be OK, or, taxing and spending is bad but borrowing and spending is just fine.
Again, raising the national debt while cutting taxes IS A DEFERRED TAX INCREASE.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that this administration is actually very liberal.
The medicare drug program is the largest social program since the "new deal" and this government has grown larger than at any time in such a short period.
And this administration has gone to the Supreme Court more than any other and has been shot down by the court more than any other.

The Democrats are extremely scarery and so are the Republicans.
It's getting harder to distinguish between the lessor of two evils.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Quote:"The Democrats are extremely scarery and so are the Republicans.
It's getting harder to distinguish between the lessor of two evils." /quote

I can agree with you on that.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Me, too...well said...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Why is it that Clinton/Gore were "slipping a fast one" while Bush is a liar/irresponsible? How responsible is it to say the deficiet went down, when in reality it didn't? Can I get a ruling on the difference? Can anyone feel comfortable saying that they would vote for someone who has supported and spread this type of disinformation? Where has those really really responsible news networks been in reporting these "accounting practices"? Have they pointed out the annomolies? What has Fox News had to say on the subject?

Anyone have any idea what the government intake of revenue has been for the past 6 or so years after tax cuts?

Why would any conservative go onto any mainstream left wing propoganda outlet for a debate? And based on the well known and documented left wing bias, participate in any debate knowing this handicapp going into it.

Posted by me for at least the fourth time. UCLA isn't exactly a bastion of conservative thought.

http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/page.asp?RelNum=6664

For additional recreational reading:

http://www.bcheights.com/user/index...cla-Student.Tackles.Liberal.Bias-664476.shtml

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

i found this very enlightening(LOL);
foxratings.JPG

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Headline News?

treedancer

Commander

Quote RubberFrog

Cuz yer a closet redneck country fan?

I wonder?.how Pink Floyd would sound doing that arrangement?Hhmmm...;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Them's fightin words with tree. He is a Floyd fan ( ithink)
And yes, I am off this week, and went diggin .I was researching a NEW thread, and knew this one was back in the stack of stuff somewhere.
Just to proove a point.

Heck, I don't have a t5hing else to do, because it's a steady rain, rain, rain -- can't even mow the grass kind of day.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Quote RubberFrog

I wonder?.how Pink Floyd would sound doing that arrangement?Hhmmm...;)

See? I tol ya... You're cruisin for a bruisin, RF! :)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

How do you figer RF. I didn't think rednecks was liberals.:p

Back to the subject of Dems refusing to appear on Fox, Rat's simply do not like having the light of day shined on them.:eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Cockroaches tend to scurry under the sink too. :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I heard the most interesting comment today. Barock OBama has stated publically that he would meet with terrorist nations, terrorists leaders if he were the president.

But he won't go on fox. Boy that pretty much says it all......