Live well- rebuild

MWBROWN

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1984 16 ft Fish and Ski. The front live well does not have any hoses to it any more. Previous owner took them out. I have asked about tips to run new ones and I am ready to do that.
Question is: Where is a good place to find all the fittings?
I can find T's everywhere, but not step down fittings and valves and etc. Also, who makes the best timer switch.

Thanks for any tips.

Mike

OhioLowell

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Live well- rebuild

Mike,

I know iBoats has a mess of live well stuff. I also noticed the last trip to WalMart that they had a good deal of bilge pump and livewell stuff you could check there also.

Good Luck
Lowell

MWBROWN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lowell,

I check the normal places, IBOATS, BASSPRO, CABLAS,
West Marine, Boaters World.

I am hoping some one knows of a supply house on the inet or something like that.

Thanks for the response.

Mike

Robj

Lieutenant

I am unfamiliar with the fittings, but if they are just standard brass fittings with either pipe thread, SAE, or JIC, I would just use air fittings. You can get them from a hydraulic equipment or pneumatics supplier. Check your yellow pages. If the fittings are plastic, then check the plumbing section at your local Home Depot.

Good Luck

NealLauderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey MW! I have the same issue. My bass boat has two livewells and a bait well. The guy fiberglassed a big patch over the front livewell hole in the bottom of the boat then cut out the bottom of the livewell! Not quite sure why :(

MWBROWN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welp, once I get to Home Depot or Lowes to check out the plumbing, I will update to let y'all know what it takes to fix.
I still need to know who makes the best livewell timer switch.

Thanks everyone.

Mike