Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class
kevinsboat007.jpg

kevinsboat024.jpg

kevinsboat004.jpg

kevinsboat005.jpg

kevinsboat001.jpg

kevinsboat020.jpg

[colour=null]Brought her home today. From what I've read, Henry O was started by Henry Mckee after the rest of his family wouldn't go along with his new hull design. It's suppose to be unsinkable like Mackee Craft and Boston Whaler. Anyhoot, it fits my needs like a glove (fishing, shrimping, crabbing). I will be posting more pics as I restore her. (she's already in pretty good condition. Wish me luck.)[/colour]

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: New project. Anyone ever seen one.

McKee started with Boston Whaler and broke off on his own. Good boats and pretty heavy too. Absolutely seaworthy.

Looks like it is in nice shape and should clean up fine.

Good luck with it.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Great boat, that 48 should do nicely, but JB, has " Red Sky" a 15 ft Whaler, which he would make this comparison, but has a 48 on it and is going to a 60hp.

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing gets me excited like a big expanse of non-slip to move around on. Nice boat.

Now, I've never seen a 48 hp anything before. 45 and 50, sure, but 48?

And what is that blue placard for on the starboard side all about?

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Its a 48 special. That is a "fish rule" given out by your state DNR and has species specific size and creel limits for your local area. Mostly a coastal thing i beleive. That one looks like a SC one but i beleive GA also makes then and seeing how the boat trailer has a Chatam, GA plate (savannah area) it could be for either state.

_nate

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Oh, i forgot to mention i think i may recall that name before but yu see so many boat manufactures on the coast. But looks like a whaler or Mckee craft or any of those type boats and their clones.

-Nate

tashasdaddy

Kevin , you are correct as to what the boat is. the 48 spl is a 50 hp without the vro, they rated it at that for maketing reasons, there also is the 88 spl. which i have and a 112 spl, they are as good, if not better than the 50, 90 115 , that have vro. we just mix our gas, and don't worry about something mechanical doing it.

wayno

Seaman Apprentice

Nice looking fishin boat. Im looking for somthing similar next.

Kevin70

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. The motor runs great and the floor is solid as a rock, so I think I got a great deal ($2000). I think the sub-floor is foam and not wood. One can only hope. First up on the chore list is new bottom paint and a new paint job for the motor.

tashasdaddy

bottom paint fine, but buff up the rest.