Charles Krauthammer op ed

OldMercsRule

Captain
Hi Folks, I guess the politics are fading now on iboats and we have moved to more happy things. I guess that is good. Mr. Krauthammer is a real thinker and puts forth profound articles from time to time. I hope iboats lets the title remain in the thread, but they have taken down the titles on my previous threads so here goes: THE 'GOOD WAR' AND THE 'RIGHT WAR' is the title of the article. It is a serious read but a thoughtfull one. I hope my children are able to live their lives as free as I have been able to THANKS TO THE ARMED FORCES OF THIS GREAT NATION. It does not look very positive from this perspective but maybe things can still work out, I truly hope this is not where the sun sets on our civilization. Respectfully JR

The linc has been disabled. You need to put http:// if you wish to read it. JR

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/afghanistan_is_not an_argument.html

Hey Guys. Sorry for bein' such a frustrated computer dinosaur today. Please go down a few posts to "PLAINSMAN"s' post where he posted both articles for your reading pleasure. They are both very good reads IMHO, and then you will be prepared to debate them after you read them. They are serious stuff, so read with caution. Thanks ERIC! JR

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Charles Krauthammer op ed

They don't want to read it OMR, 'cause whatever Krauthammer has to say will not get Bush out of office. I fact it would not accomplish anything else on the liberal agenda either. Those things, of course, are the see to it that the US sinks into second class status amongst it's world peers.

Equalizing, or removing, the US's preeminence in the world, is THE only way to the Liberal Utopia (not) of one world control. They got their start with the European Common Market, now they want to finish the job.

When we no longer have the power and the will to ignore the Kyoto's and when we no longer have the power and independence to yield to the likes of UN gun control, when we no longer have the identity to resist world wide taxation, that is when we will have arrived at the place that the libs want us to be.

And taking to heart Charles Krauthammers position will not send us down that road.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"OK I give up."

Hey, are you a closet democrat?8):love:d:)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Too bad we can't share good reads here anymore Boom. I'm outa here for today, maybe I'll see you guys later. It's been fun. JR

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Boomyal said:
They don't want to read it OMR, 'cause whatever Krauthammer has to say will not get Bush out of office. I fact it would not accomplish anything else on the liberal agenda either. Those things, of course, are the see to it that the US sinks into second class status amongst it's world peers.

Equalizing, or removing, the US's preeminence in the world, is THE only way to the Liberal Utopia (not) of one world control. They got their start with the European Common Market, now they want to finish the job.

When we no longer have the power and the will to ignore the Kyoto's and when we no longer have the power and independence to yield to the likes of UN gun control, when we no longer have the identity to resist world wide taxation, that is when we will have arrived at the place that the libs want us to be.

And taking to heart Charles Krauthammers position will not send us down that road.

Those are some amazing mind-reading skills you have Boom. 99.99% of the time you are clueless as to what you are saying regarding libs and there thoughts. Your BS is nothing more than a persons perception that sits as far to the right as possible. It does nothing more than further divide the two sides. That is fine by me, but realize, it is the likes of you that causes a person like myself to move further from the center everytime I read your finger-pointing crap.

Now, if you wish to prove me wrong, please provide some sort of proof regarding libs and their thoughts on such things. Well, otherwise I will know you are doing nothing more than spreading propaganda.

Hey OMR, I tried to read it. It took me to the NY Post but it never revealed the article.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmmmm.

I'll try again:

Putting thoughts and motives into you opponent then attacking them as though they are facts rather than your own inventions is a great way to start a fight and to cheapen your own position.

PLEASE leave that to the left. It may be all they have to work with. :)

PW2

Commander

I did read that op-ed, and CK's premise is completely flawed. We re not fighting radical Islam in Iraq, or at least if we are, no one told us.

If we were, we would have taken out Sadr, among others, long ago.

I bet that Martian woiuld have a different take on it if we told him we were fighting AlQaida (which is what we are doing) but the bulk of Alqaida, including their leaders, are not even in Iraq.

If CK is to be taken seriously, he first has to get an agreement with the administration over who we are fighting and what the mission is precisely, what strategically is the plan for accomplishing that mission, and what progress is being made.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

PW, AlQaida is in Iraq, it is argueable that they may not have been there prior to the removal of Saddam, nevertheless they are there now as they are in most countries on this planet, including ours.
Charles Krauthammer is a Blowhard in the same mold as the other so-called experts and pundits also known as armchair stragetist and generals.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

JB said:
Hmmmmmm.

I'll try again:

Putting thoughts and motives into you opponent then attacking them as though they are facts rather than your own inventions is a great way to start a fight and to cheapen your own position.

PLEASE leave that to the left. It may be all they have to work with. :)

Now ,now, now.
Some serious finger pointing there,certainly not becoming a moderator who is supposed to be above the fray.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The bashing I was referring to was clearly from the right, rolmops. That embarrasses me as a conservative leaning member. I think facts are more than enough with which to present the conservative point of view.

I happen to be a member with opinions of my own as well as being a moderator.

I reserve the right to express those opinions in a civil manner while insisting that those who agree with me and those who don't also remain civil.

QC

Supreme Mariner

PW2 said:
If CK is to be taken seriously, he first has to get an agreement with the administration over who we are fighting and what the mission is precisely, what strategically is the plan for accomplishing that mission, and what progress is being made.
Well he didn't have to do any of those things for me to take him seriously. And I am not sure why he nees to tell you what the mission is as our President has repeated it over and over and over and apparently you're simply hard of hearing . . . In case I am correct, here it is in print from the Whitehouse Website:

National Strategy for Victory in Iraq

PW2

Commander

Yeah, I've seen that.

It's dreamland, along the same lines as the Miss America contestant who is going to work for "World Peace"

Virtually none of those goals are achievable by the work of the US Military. They are idealistic, and to the extent they are achievable, it will be thru diplomatic regional efforts, and not at the point of a gun.

But whatever, also nowhere in that stuff is CK's assertion that we are fighting "radical islamics" Perhaps we should be-and that is another discussion--but we are not now, and I prefer to deal in reality.

And of course, Vlad, there are Alqaida in Iraq--there are AlQaida all over the world--and they'd like nothing better than us and our military being mired in a civil war in Iraq. If the Iraqis are not fighting amongst themselves, I have no doubt AlQaida's goal is to get them fighting each other, and I doubt they even care who is winning--I believe ideally they'd like a tie.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Quote PW: It's dreamland, along the same lines as the Miss America contestant who is going to work for "World Peace" "

Bet folks said that to the Wright Brothers and Albert Einstien as well PW.

It must be tough living in a negative, glass half empty, we can't ever win world for the left. I kinda feel sorry for them.:'(

OldMercsRule

Captain

CJY said:
"OK I give up."

Hey, are you a closet democrat?8):love:d:)

[colour=blue]NO, I had a lot to do today and got frustrated with these lincs. Somebody picks a fight with me, they will get a fight. Most Democrats that are currently arranging our defeat for political gain are disgusting IM not so HO. JR[/colour]

OldMercsRule

Captain

JB said:
The bashing I was referring to was clearly from the right, rolmops. That embarrasses me as a conservative leaning member. I think facts are more than enough with which to present the conservative point of view.

I happen to be a member with opinions of my own as well as being a moderator.

I reserve the right to express those opinions in a civil manner while insisting that those who agree with me and those who don't also remain civil.

[colour=blue]I totally agree with you JB, I try to follow that rule myself, (as I hope you have observed over the last four months). Sorry for snapping at you the other day, I think you do a very good job as a MOD here on iboats. It is very easy to win debates with most Libs by just using facts history and a li'l critical thinkin'. Some Libs, (probably the ones who own boats which requires money and some brain power), can spank me on occasion or maybe more then an occasion, (thats why I like to debate people here on iboats). I don't get the chance much face to face here in the Seattle area because Libs get real mad and if I catch 'em keyin' the ol' SUV they will wish I hadn't. It's always a good idea to call 911 and have an aid car handy if ya key ol' Murky's SUV. Respectfully JR[/colour]ps Thanks ERIC!!