Boston Whalers

markho

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Boston Whalers

I went and took a look today and it cleaned up real nice. All of that scum was cleaned off and reveals the white hull, with the black undercoat.Says he wants 4200$ for it. I have to ask the bank and the misses :%

markho

Seaman Apprentice

Well gentelmen it seems that this week I will be the owner of a boston whaler :) The bank and the wife cleared me on the purchase with little problems. Thanks for all of your help on here !! Looks like I'll be hanging around with plenty of noobie boat help!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the "club" Markho.8)

Once you've owned a Boston Whaler it's like owning a Porsche or Mercedes. . . you will be hard to please with anything else.

Keep us posted on your detailing.

markho

Seaman Apprentice

JB said:
Welcome to the "club" Markho.8)

Once you've owned a Boston Whaler it's like owning a Porsche or Mercedes. . . you will be hard to please with anything else.

Keep us posted on your detailing.

thanks! well the first few things I need to work on is the rub rail, refinishing the wood, making a new front hatch and waxing the hull. Then I'll be dunking it in the water! I'm going to be researching, but whats the best wax to use on the hull?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Check out continuouswave.com, Markho.

More info there about Boston Whalers than everywhere else in the universe combined.

Plenty of advice on restoration and maintenance, too.

Good luck. :)