Help no starter

Kansas Basser

Seaman Apprentice
1987 35 motor ob111440-1035717, had the boat out 5 time, have started motor 20 or 30 time, last time would not start, put in a new battery and clean all battery leads, if I jump cross the solenoid it star right up, I'm thinking solenoid but when this happen I lost the choke solenoid too, this is a new boat and motor to me, need some help, thanks Jess

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Help no starter

The fuse blew. It's an AGC-20 close to the solenoid in a black rubber inline holder. Or the neutral saftery switch is preventing it from operating, or you have a bad solenoid. But the choke not working too leads me to that fuse. Also check to make sure the main wiring harness connector is fully engaged.

I/O WALDO

Petty Officer 1st Class

Take a test light and sea if there is voltage at the ig. switch.

Kansas Basser

Seaman Apprentice

turn out to be a wire cut by the control housing,the motor is running as of now, a Question: the wires in the control have be cut and spiced, can you get a new controls, do not like the way the wires look in the controls book , what controls would you use,the motor does not have powered trim\tilt, would like to use the old throttle and shift cable, and get a kill switch, thank's Jess

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yes, Merc makes new controls that will work with your motor. Both with and without PT. Just visit your local dealer or search online. Your old cables will work with the new controllers