Tree hugging boaters?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Tree hugging boaters?

Gabby said:
What other hobby consumes so much time, work, money and effort? Mind you it is worth it, but it is time consuming. If I didn't have a boat I could probably drive a Bentley.

hence, the insanity comment. Of couse it was made in jest. Calm thyself, as is most of what I say. Go forth and sin no more my son.
Well, in a nut shell like iboats, you're right. I am an avid outdoorsy-type guy, but am so stinking old, that I cannot sleep on the ground, or in the bow of a runabout anymore. I long-ago, gave my campin gear to my younguns, and am currently boatless -- the boatless part is a temporary "inconvienence" to me, but if you axe my wife (please), it's the way things should be, seeinz how we live 12 miles from any substantial body of water.
Gabby, don't get the wrong idea about this buncha "fellows"... It's only those few with weak hearts and an instilled reaction to be whiney ,ever since they were raised to be.
Just read the first thread in D.C. above, and learn to werk with it -- learn the "technicalities" needed to get your point across without hurting the feelings of some "indivdual" with a chip on it's shoulder that reports you to the mods in a sobby IM. :)

You'll do fine here because you're in simular company in many ways yet undocumented. BTW: one (mabee two) of those clowns reported ME a couple weeks ago, and my own feelins are still hurt (sniff). I haven't been able to type "jackass" in that long, and my "Mommy's girl" icon has been lost in the nebula of "my Pictures" someplace! But whatever ... Haven't seen many posts by the winer, but the winee is still here enjoying the company.

JRJ

Commander

Man, sorry about no boat, but have fun looking for the next one8)

i386

Captain

Undisputed fact: Nothing brings people together (and keeps them together) like the common hatred of something else.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A very astute observation indeed.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

i386 said:
Undisputed fact: Nothing brings people together (and keeps them together) like the common hatred of something else.

Good analogy very close to the truth, however if you take a look @ this thread you will see that bat's can fly in formation............

http://forums.iboats.com/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=20;gtid=1189284 Tree hugger's and all........ When nature call's we all fall in line tree hugger's and all, So givem some slack here there human too...........:love:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

No zap yet? LOL.
I can hug trees with the best of em... It's that sticky-to-anythin sap that I can't stand. :)
The splinters are a beach too.'
And don't get me started on widdowmakers and no-start chainsaws when you're tryin to cut one down.

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Gabby, welcome to iBoats. I like the way you think. As for Lexington, it is a beautiful place, but the 2 bastions of higher academic knowledge tend to make it appear VERY left leaning. My brother is a prof at UK and a boat owner on Lake Herrington. He is one of the few right leaning educators there and has a blast ribbing his left leaning compatriots. He even has a cut out Hillary outside his office where he posts all kinds of leftist contradictions. He has a blast with it.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think the majority of us here love nature and want to see if preserved, but we also lean right and look at things from the right perspective - and you can take that to mean political leaning or correct leaning, whichever you prefer! :wink:

PW2

Commander

aspeck said:
Hey Gabby, welcome to iBoats. I like the way you think. As for Lexington, it is a beautiful place, but the 2 bastions of higher academic knowledge tend to make it appear VERY left leaning. My brother is a prof at UK and a boat owner on Lake Herrington. He is one of the few right leaning educators there and has a blast ribbing his left leaning compatriots. He even has a cut out Hillary outside his office where he posts all kinds of leftist contradictions. He has a blast with it.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think the majority of us here love nature and want to see if preserved, but we also lean right and look at things from the right perspective - and you can take that to mean political leaning or correct leaning, whichever you prefer! :wink:

Yep, the motto for most here is:

"Never trust air you can't see, or water you can't taste!"

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

I can hug trees with the best of em...
HMMMMMM.....
I didn't know they had trees down there 12.....
I figgered ya only had skeeters, gators, 'n sawgrass..... ;) :)

bassman284

Commander

Gabby said:
As a newbie I don't wish to offend. Plenty of time for that. But some of these posts seem to be filled with Birkenstock wearing, granola eating, tree hugging save a snail darter for the illegal immigrant types.

Question. If you're a boater, does your excessive and wasteful use of dinosaur remains bother you or are you sailing in the old fashioned method, without a kicker?

I won't even ask if you’re trailering with an SUV or 3500 dually... How Gauche!

Hey SoulWinner! Is that you?

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Soulwinner? I don't think so, just me. I have tried winning a few hearts and minds over the years, but danged if it isn't hard to do when the folks back home and Congress pull the financial plug. If only there was instant gratification, economic gain and someway for the dems to cash in, they'd all be "onboard".

Aspeck, thanks for the welcome. I have a brother that is a private school headmaster in Louisville. For all his intelligence, he STILL got sucked into the sucking vortex of liberalism...I just don't understand it. Herrington is a deep lake, oldest man made lake in the state, but I do most of my boating at Laurel Lake near London, or up on the Ohio. If you've never been, Laurel is beautiful.

OldMercsRule

Captain

Hey Gabby, I think I already welcomed you, and I believe I already thanked you for making it possible for me and my family to sleep peacfully at night in our home or on our island without my finger on the trigger, (or maybe I'd be behind bars or dead), as I don't ever plan to pray to Mecca even once (vs five times per day), or take orders from Moscow or Beijing. If I haven't done it before: now you have my thanks and welcome! That said: I have also been accused of being other (distinguished: in my opinion), postsers as I only stumbled upon DC about 3 months ago + or -. As to "Tree hugging": count me as one and I'm a Cornservative from a very blue State, (at least the Left side of the State of Washington is bright blue with Congressman Bagdad "I really hate America and want this terrible Country trashed" Jim McDermott winning landslides every time there is an election in Seattle). As a Cornservative from a Liberal area where Cornservatives regularly get their cars, (or SUVs) keyed by extremely intolerant Libs, I find DC at iboats refreshing. I have managed to touque off lots o' Libs and Moderates here on DC with my confident, (that they label arrogant and juvinile), opinionated posts from the 'right' or Cornservative perspective. That all said: I think most boaters are too independant by the very nature of being out on a large puddle from time to time and having to think critically in potential life and death situations. That makes the Libs here on iboat DC much more reasonable, (as a general statement) then the Libs I run into in Seattle. Seattle Libs worship their Democratic party dominated government they try to depend on and grow as much as possble, and promote victimhood in all forms to maintain and spread their power base. Works very well for them here in God's Country, (they even managed to steal the Governorship here recently). That all said: there is great sport to be had by all here on iboats! Luv those trees! Respectfully, JR

i386

Captain

Maybe that's why I don't obsess so much about what liberals and tree huggers do and think. I live right on the GA/AL line. If there are any around here they're in hiding or catfish food. Me, I just stick to what I think is right and normally keep my trap shut unless I just can't stand it. Nobody's figured me out yet and neither have I.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

i386 said:
Nobody's figured me out yet and neither have I.
I've got you figured out i386... I see you've got a little red around your neck but you're still wearing your blue union pants! :love:

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks JR. I've been to your part of the states a few times, beautiful country. I doubt any thinking man could live there without wanting to hug a tree from time to time.

One of the guys in my office was with us in Iraq, Support Group Deputy Commander, and I thought I was proud of being right of no one, with the possible exception of Atilla, when he popped up one day after reading the local rag, the Herald Liberl (Leader ) and sayd you know Gab, if we stared killing 1000 liberals a day, we could make this country good again by the time our kids are grown.

I stand corrected on the right of Atilla statement.

Cheers.