Im getting old.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Allrighty so I taped up my stupid toe(Which is throbing right now) And took out a bunch of the youth group kids I work with and played paintball at a local church today. Played about 2-3 hours and Im beat, I hurt, got bumps and bruises and cant walk again.......Every one else.....not even fazed. :^ Kids had a blast.....i had a blast and thats what counts.....There was a couple of younger adults there playing and man I sure remember what its like to be able to to do things that fast and that well without breaking a sweat. :/ Well Im playing in one of the biggest Scnerario games in this area at the end of the month and I guess I need to get into a little better shape.....And let my toe heal.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Im getting old.

At least you and the kids had fun, that's what counts.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Yes we did.........Felt like a big kid out there.....just a slow one that got tired faster then the rest. :)

heycods

Captain

Gona be hard, to rest and get the toe well + getting in shape! just my 2cents worth. o:)

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well No rest.....for me.......Toe will heal enough Im hoping.......Getting into shape well thats a whole nother story......Gonna try though.8)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Aging HOOVERS!! Resist at ALL cost ...........................repeat resist at all cost.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well I aint old yet but getting there......I WILL RESIST....I WILL I TELL YOU.......8)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Yep I know the feeling. At 32 I dread the thought of 64. Double the hurts and aches will kill me.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Good to hear ya had a good time Mike.

If the next fourty-five years roll down hill as fast as the first fourty-five did, I'll never see 90. :%

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmmm. What is getting old?

I watched Evander Holyfield box last night (age 44).

He looked and performed every bit as well as he did 20 years ago. Third round KO.

Coors

Captain

You spring chickens ain't felt it yet, wait and see how your body feels at 56:%

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

If yer too old to fish then you ought to just go ahead and die, make room for others.
If not quit whining, i recently observed a gentleman learning to water ski, by the look of him he must have been close to eighty years old.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Well fishing and paintball are two different sports.......I dont water ski but Im guessing once again two different sports......How about this my body is starting to feel the things I do with much more sesitivity. Being that I was playing a game Im guessing nope mind hasnrt grown up yet let alone got old. Aches and pains? didnt have them 5 yrs ago.........But I sure am feeling them today.

heycods

Captain

Vlad said:
If yer too old to fish then you ought to just go ahead and die, make room for others.
If not quit whining, i recently observed a gentleman learning to water ski, by the look of him he must have been close to eighty years old.

When Im too old to fish I am underground.o:) I didnt move to sunny Florida to rest my old bones.8)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I remember 56, Coors.

It sure felt better than 71. :'(

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Yea, I remember 56, 1956 that is. Top songs of that year were:
1. Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
2. Long Tall Sally - Little Richard
3. Blue Suede Shoes - Carl Perkins
4. Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley
5. Be-Bop-A-Lula - Gene Vincent & the Bluecaps
6. Roll Over Beethoven - Chuck Berry
7. In The Still Of The Nite - Five Satins
8. Blueberry Hill - Fats Domino
9. Please, Please, Please - James Brown & the Famous Flames
10. I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two

Bring back memories? Can you still hear them in your mind's ear?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

heycods said:
Vlad said:

When Im too old to fish I am underground.o:) I didnt move to sunny Florida to rest my old bones.8)

you're most probably older than i am. ;)