1998 Evinrude 150 fuel problem HELP!!!!!

timmyt66

Seaman
i got a 98 e 150 i cant get to run as i try to start it i have fuel comming out of all 6 carbs and the plugs are soaked what can be wrong and what can i do to diagnose and fix the problem????:'(

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1998 Evinrude 150 fuel problem HELP!!!!!

Those carbs must be pretty gummy and/or all the floats are stuck or sunk, Timmy.

What is the history? Did this engine ever work for you? When was it last run successfully?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

To have fuel coming out of every carb, I would say the problem is else where. All carbs' leaking would be rare. What is you starting procedure? Have you done a spark, and compression test?

DHPMARINE

Captain

Could be the primer solenoid is broke/wired wrong/turned on for rope start.Maybe tell us what happens when you try to start.Actually how do you know gas is comming out of all 6 carbs? There is (should be) a silencer covering it.What else is disconnected ?

DHP

timmyt66

Seaman

i just bought the motor 2 weeks ago it was supposed to be completly rebuilt with zero hours i can only get it to run for a few seconds as i crank it it pours fuel out of all carbs i have the cover off at the moment the primer solenoid seems to be working the red needle is pointed down and i have spark on every plug but even they are wet with fuel????

DHPMARINE

Captain

The red needle should not be pointing down.It should be pointed at the base of the solenoid.Is it ?

DHP