Beware the ides of march!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
today! start to finish.
This was supposed to be a day off for me, which does'nt happen all that often... looking back, work would have been better, me thinks.

First thing this morning.. Go in the kitchen to find that two cans of diet coke exploded in my fridge over night.... Exploded with enought force to push the door open.. Seem the back wall of the fridge froze, and being that the cans were at the very back up against the wall........ you get the idea..

I've been doing work outside in the yard, painting, and generally giving the old place a good going over... Had a mess of concrete blocks that needed to go to the dump... Loaded em' up, tweaking my upper back in the process.... Head for the dump... Two roads going into the dump... The road closer to my end of town, CLOSED... The only other road has a set of railroad tracks right at the turn off, paralell to the main road.... Train stopped, blocking the road.... The train finally moved on, about 30-40 minutes later......... Listened to Eric Claptons "Rainbow concert" while i waited.. listened to the whole thing..:} "roll it over" is my new ear worm...

Enter, the dump..... I go where I was directed at the weigh in to dump the blocks...... "Top of the hill".. Yes Sir!...
(spotter at the top of the hill) "that rock goes at the first left down at the bottom"..
OK... down to the the other site...
(guy at the other site) "Nope!.. up to the top of the hill"..... Been there, done that.. told to go down here.. "Nope, top of the hill"...
OK... back up the hill, same story, "other site... >insert colorful language here< anywhoo.. I dumped my concrete blocks on the top of the hill, right on top of another pile of......you guessed it........ concrete blocks....... spotter man was'nt happy....

Four hours later, on a run that should have taken two hours, i'm back home.... Washed all the mud from the dump off my truck..(been up and down twice)... Got cleaned up, had lunch, and headed for Sams for a couple new tires on muh truck......

Walk in the tire shop at Sams.. Inform the "cashier" that I need two, 235/70/15's on the front..... Cashier tells me in jive "we can only sell you the size that on the sticker on the door jam".... Honey.. There is no sticker, and i do believe that is the size that it came with from the factory..... "nope, no... Can't sell ya those tires... well you can buy em', but we can't mount em'"..some garbage about liability....... Ok fine... I'll go elsewhere.. (i think they just did'nt want to work on friday afternoon)

Head back south down the trail towards Pepboys as nasty clouds loom off to the west...... oh goodie...I'm gonna get wet..... Freaky little storm...Total frog strangler..... Tornado and the tree limbs and garbage flying across the road...... Throw in some nice hail stones.. I made a U turn, without really even trying.... Dodged some more floatsome and jetsome and made it back home in one piece...

Sat a while and gathered my thoughts, then headed off to friday night dinner with the folks... Pops wants calamari, which means I get to see the young lady I have the hotts for.....8) Yummmmy.. nice new little tank tops they have the girls wearing.....8) I know about the other tat's, but whats that?......:^ OMG....NOOOO.....say it ain't so....>gasp<....A TRAMP STAMP!....oh no.....:'( (i may have to overlook it tho) :love: anywhoo.. parking downtown lakeworth is not so good, and it was quite a walk to get back to the car.....Pops don't get along all too good anymore.. 1/2 MPH in a hurry, maybe.........Halfway back to where we parked, it starts raining again, hard.....

I am sore, mentally whooped, and debating wether I will even get out of bed tomorrow........
On the plus side, a certain young lady asked if i was going to the st. pattys day parade tomorrow...... Oh.. I guess I'll get up...:love:

I bet a dollar that it rains tomorrow.....lmao....
Nighty-nite.....d:)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Beware the ides of march!

Plainsman said:
So is that the kitten club?

No!.....That's two doors down from my shop......... It's also known as "the litter box".... And if you ever saw the "girls" that "work" there, you'd understand why I don't have a reserved table, or have my calls forwarded there.....o:)

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Man - I feel beat up just from reading that one. :%

I'm gonna go have a soak in the hot tub & a Capt Mo & ginger ale in your honor, SB.

Sleep tight - don't let the bedbugs bite!

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

snapperbait said:
Plainsman said:
So is that the kitten club?

No!.....That's two doors down from my shop......... It's also known as "the litter box".... And if you ever saw the "girls" that "work" there, you'd understand why I don't have a reserved table, or have my calls forwarded there.....o:)

8)d:)

rwise

Captain

Wallmart did the same thing to my daughter over a missing lug nut! I went to the manager and ask him if he was really going to turn down a sale on 4 tires over a $0.20 lug nut that was most likely laying around there shop. He would not sale the tires and I told him he just lost a number of customers as I have a large family! We went to another (yes wallmart cause they had a good sale going on) and they put the tires and lug nut on (never said anything about the missing nut and did not charge for it)

LadyFish

Admiral

I broke a nail today.
12.gif

:love:

Dunaruna

Admiral

[colour=blue]
LadyFish said:
I broke a nail today.
12.gif

:love:

A thin coat of 2 part epoxy resin will fix that good as new ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

LOL at Dunaruna 8)

Yeah, just don't use it to fix a run in my pantyhose right? :}

Dunaruna

Admiral

[colour=blue]Gotta use something flexible for pantyhose, maybe a neutral cure silicone - skin tone d:)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Snaps, I can sure relate! The WX wasn't as bad on the other side of the state here, but it sure fooled my fellow travelers o the road -- They ALL ran into each other way before I got offa werk!! !#@$%$ and all that rot!!
It took me 3 hours to get 30 miles to home.
I wont go into my day.. I'd have to re-live it in my pea brain, and I aam not going there on a nice Saturday.
It really is a beautiful morning, and the wifey is off.. We plan on plannnin NUTHIN, and seein what pops-up (so to speaK).
Have a great weekend, bro!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Ok...I'm awake..
i'm off to the st. pattys day thing, in about an hour...8)
if ya'll don't hear back by midnight.. send out the search party..lold:)